What was the ***last*** thing you had to master before becoming profitable?

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by Kovacs, May 27, 2009.

1. Being scared to make the trade. What's really sad is that this was after I'd developed a system with a high win rate. I'd call the direction of a market but would be fearful of placing the trade, then surely enough, the market would move in my favor....and there I was left telling silly ass stories about how right I was without having any profit to show for it. This stems from my early trading days when I used to jump into positions haphazardly and would win small then end up losing big. That feeling still lingers to this day and it wasn't until I learned to trade in spite of that feeling that I began to make money.

#261     Jun 30, 2014
  2. copa8

copa8

"...I learned to trade in spite of that feeling that I began to make money."
    STC Capital,
    If possible, can you please elaborate on how you were able to do this? I'm going through the same thing - call trades in r/t, but fearful of taking them.
    Thanks in advance!

#262     Jul 15, 2014
  3. spending less time on chat boards

#263     Jul 16, 2014
  4. patience.

i stay in a trade till PROVEN wrong. that proof is different for each individual.

#264     Jul 16, 2014
  5. I can also add this to my list as well.

#265     Jul 16, 2014
  6. I still haven't fully mastered this because it still hits me from time to time, but I got through it by recalling all of the times I'd been right and missed out. After that, it was simply a matter of putting on the trade and walking away. I may not check on my position for another 24 hours.

#266     Jul 16, 2014
  7. thank you!

#267     Jul 16, 2014
  8. I must have come to the right place as I'm dealing with this same situation.

I use to sit there for weeks and not put a trade on in fear of being wrong or loss just to watch it go in the direction I would have gone and sometime would have gone far enough to reach my weekly quota in one session.

I have found that being in action has started to cure or at least decrease the level of fear before entering a trade.

The biggest thing that I have had to overcome was not being so hard on myself, to treat myself like a friend instead of abusing myself mentally.

#268     Aug 1, 2014
  9. toolazy

toolazy

last thing, huh !!

I will tell you soon, hopefully.

Have to see first whether I am successful.

My massive all-in china position is now positive, but sh*t happens.

Still has to run a while to get out at target.

Will post then as a rich man.

seeay soon :cool:

#269     Aug 1, 2014
  10. %%%%%%%%%%%%%%
    Amen;
    that + rule of 72, meaning work 6 days a week @12 hours a day=72:cool:
    Wisdom is profitable to direct:cool:

#270     Aug 1, 2014