What was the ***last*** thing you had to master before becoming profitable?

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by Kovacs, May 27, 2009.

1. when I become a risk taker. I am not afraid of loss, neither afraid of missing opportunity.

I feel the market is at my finger tip, totally under my control. not feel like I was at the mercy of the market. when it goes against me, I still can thinks positively and sleep tight, since I know market does what it does, let it be.

I start to not glue my eye on each tich, quote, chart,...

whenether I do some nasty things, most will think, such as averaging down, no stop loss, all in no position size,... I just can do it. the market is actually the safest place in earth.

like really in the zone,feel great!

#181     Oct 4, 2013
  2. IchibomB

IchibomB

Not holding a loser and waiting for the game to come to you were the two hardest psychological barriers I've had to overcome in my trading journey spanning 5 years.

#182     Oct 4, 2013
  3. Pipflow

Pipflow

Still working on this, its hard time to keep the emotions under control when we are trading in the forex market.

#183     Oct 19, 2013
  4. gmst

gmst

perfectly executing my system without fail. Took me 1.5 years before I developed systems and processes to execute my system in markets without fail.

#184     Oct 19, 2013
  5. taking losses. controlling risk. stopped day trading and got a full time job. stopped chasing the silver bullet; there is no such thing.

trading can humble one quickly. psychologically as soon as you think you got it figured out and you have that feeling of euphoria, take a step back and reassess cause you are probably breaking some rules if you have any. be as systematic as possible, whatever it takes to get you to that point.

#185     Oct 20, 2013
  6. The one I could never master and thus don't trade anymore, full time. Emotional detachment from money.

#186     Oct 21, 2013
  7. Extreme Patience!!

#187     Oct 24, 2013
  8. kut2k2

kut2k2

+1

#188     Oct 24, 2013
  9. I +1 your +1

You need an edge...pure and simple

#189     Oct 24, 2013
  10. zdreg

zdreg

not quite. you have to be able to hit the button.

#190     Oct 24, 2013