What was the best time in America?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ZZZzzzzzzz, Dec 22, 2007.

What was the best time in Ameria

1. The Clinton Era

4 vote(s)
    16.0%
  2. The Reagan Era

5 vote(s)
    20.0%
  3. The Kennedy Era

2 vote(s)
    8.0%
  4. The Eisenhower Era

3 vote(s)
    12.0%
  5. The Roaring 20's

4 vote(s)
    16.0%
  6. The Turn of the Century

1 vote(s)
    4.0%
  7. The Industrial Revolution

1 vote(s)
    4.0%
  8. The Civil War

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. The Colonial Period

1 vote(s)
    4.0%
  10. Other

4 vote(s)
    16.0%
  1. in most fights there is a winner, o I don't mean the person who fought and won, I mean the person who was standing outside the ring watching and at the same time making a profit from the war, that is the real winner, and if I were him I would call it the best times too

#11     Dec 23, 2007
  2. :confused:

#12     Dec 23, 2007
  3. Ahh yes I remember the colonial period, no dentists and warm beer.

#13     Dec 23, 2007
  4. Ahh yes, the Depression. I had to take accordian lessons so I would have something to fall back on in case we had another depression and there were no jobs. People always left tips for accordian players on the corner.

#14     Dec 23, 2007
  5. I'll go with the Clinton Era. I was married then and getting a little on the side too, just like our Prez. My wife was watching cable tv.

#15     Dec 23, 2007
  6. I took over a failing business and turned it around in the Reagan era. My boss thought I was a wonder boy. Thanks Ronnie.

#16     Dec 23, 2007
  7. bighog

bighog Guest

Well when (if) you get to live to the age of 65 when you never expected to see another sunrise past 35 with your past lifestyle, HA. Then you really do realize the best is in the past but you still have a great life yet in front of the headlights.

Now to answer the question..............The best times was when 18 year old chicks could go into bars and the sexual revolution was in full swing, burning bras, mini skirts what were never to short, the pill was the then greatest invention since sliced bread. DA 60's man, DA 60;s ..........muscle cars, wild women jobs were a dime a dozen.

Only sad part about 60's was Nam, bad deal there.

#17     Dec 23, 2007
  8. That would probably be a few European countries...

#18     Dec 23, 2007
  9. Pekelo

Pekelo

Easily the Clinton era. Gas was a dollar, stocks only went up, the empire was topping and our biggest worry was a blowjob.

Compared to the 20s, there were way more and higher wealth distribution under Clinton so %-wise more people were happier....

#19     Dec 23, 2007