What was that fund with the long volatility but long equity position?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Saltynuts, Mar 18, 2018.

1. I remember someone posted it on this site. It was long volatility, but so mitigate the decay over time it would be long equities or equity futures? Does anyone know about this? Thanks.

2. Cabin111

Cabin111

Was it from your thread...How do YOU plan to avoid the next 2008 crash? QQQ??

3. Naw, not from one of my threads, someone posted about its performance. This sounds interesting. If you can essentially go long volatility for free, you could make a freaking killing on the next downturn. Like, use that strategy until VIX hits like 35 or 40, then go short volatility about half your portfolio, short more the higher it goes, make out like a bandit on the rise and then subsequent fall.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2018
  4. sss12

sss12

Is this a real post ?

5. Uhhhh, this is a real internet forum, and I am a real person, and I did type that post out, so I would guess its real. What is your problem with it? I would love a critique!

6. sss12

sss12

"If you can essentially go long vol for free"....sorry, thought anyone who knew anything about options know that there is always trade off between the Greeks.

7. I get that, that's why I'm wondering about the strategy this fund was taking. You clearly SHOULDN'T be able to do it, that's why I'm wondering. Thanks.

8. Might have been him.

There are a few that I know of yet can't remember.

9. The second one is it CME Observer. Thanks everyone!

#10     Mar 19, 2018