What value is an auto label program with 80+% accuracy?

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by ProfLogic, Feb 11, 2010.

1. Ok, I agree stocks are impossible to trade with MAs, then or now, this is what my epxerience tells me. But stock indices you can trade with MAs if you know how to sustain large drawdowns. You need to have a sound risk management method for that.

Don't take me wrong, I don't use MAs any longer, I trade based on price action patterns. MAs is a sound method though is someone has discipline and a sound risk managment method.

#21     Feb 12, 2010
  2. I`m flat and bored so i`ll play hypothetical situation games.
    ------------------------------------

1.Yes. Who couldnt use a profitable system.

2.Yes. A system that brings more players in the game providing liquidity would be beneficial.

3.It would die fast if mass marketed.

4.I would consider a share in profits or loss if not mass marketed but no deal/outright subscription/one off would entice me if it was.

------------------------------------------

That being said I never bought any systems. Nor would I ever.

#22     Feb 12, 2010
  3. Thank you for the responses.

After I get some more responses (if that occurs) I will post mine.

I'm in your court with never buying any systems. One will always have a lack of confidence in anything they don't have an intimate familiarity with and that takes time to build. Most traders don't have the patience to devote that effort into a method or system.

#23     Feb 12, 2010
  4. No problem.

I have had my patience tested enough with my approach that took me 7 years to work out. Buying a system to me is tantamount to playing table games in Vegas or AC...but at least they comp a buffet and room if you blowout. :D

#24     Feb 12, 2010
  5. charts

charts

No. No. There would be no more markets. Nothing.

#25     Feb 12, 2010

6. Have you considered that people either A) doubt your motives in this or B) don't want to participate in your sociological experiment?

I'm just saying...

#26     Feb 12, 2010
  7. henry76

henry76

A system that wins 8 times out of ten , assuming win size same as loss size, and that size is somewhere near average volatility for that market and time frame Which apparantly suites all "styles" of trading, and making the further assumption that signals are reasonably common , say one per thousand bars ,it would make billions within a year if traded by just one person. The key being the statement in the original question suggesting it could be used to swing trade etc , which means, i suggest, it could be traded in any practical time frame.

#27     Feb 13, 2010
  8. Well, you answered # 3. Thanks

#28     Feb 13, 2010
  9. Yes, I knew people would doubt the reason for the thread and posting anything in the thread is participation.

Those answering the questions are as important to this thread as those that are too scared to answer and post their typical rants.

#29     Feb 13, 2010
  10. Damn Henry . . . you lumped all of your answers together and basically generalized on a couple but nice responses. Thanks.

#30     Feb 13, 2010