What value is an auto label program with 80+% accuracy?

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by ProfLogic, Feb 11, 2010.

1. I understand your response and agree with it to a certain point and under certain conditions but that isn't the "whole" question. I need to repeat though that the requirement here is, can you answer all 4 questions.

Would this program be of any value to you? Would this program be of any value to the industry? What would the ramifications of this program being put into mass circulation? What would you pay for this program?

You answered the 3rd question but can you answer the other 3?

#11     Feb 11, 2010
  2. No, the purpose of these threads are to stimulate thought and conversation. I purposed 4 questions regarding a hypothetical program. My goal is simply to see who can answer all 4 questions honestly and to stimulate all of us to why we each reach those conclusions.

I could offer my opinions but then there would be no reason to ask the questions. I know what I believe regarding each question. If I get some actual answers I will post my opinions.

I repeat, this program does not exist and the purpose of these questions are to get you to respond as if it where possible. To get you to think about the ramifications of such a program from all aspects.

#12     Feb 11, 2010
  3. So idiotic that no one has yet answered all 4 questions. If it is so "out there" then why is it so hard to think and answer 4 simple questions about the outcome of implementing such a mythical program?

#13     Feb 11, 2010
  4. Out of a snide remark comes a concise statement.

You are absolutely correct. If a large body of traders or investors all see the same thing at the same time and act upon what they see, the result would be self-fulfilling.

The problem becomes the focused direction getting all of those people to see the same thing at the same time . . . which is an impossibility, right?

Would this program be of any value to you? Would this program be of any value to the industry? What would the ramifications of this program being put into mass circulation? What would you pay for this program?

You answered #3, in your own opinion and it didn't even hurt. Well done. Now do you think you can accidentally answer the other 3?

#14     Feb 11, 2010
  5. Why are you so threatened by someone provoking thought and conversation?

I've already made it perfectly clear the program is hypothetical.

If you think the questions are beyond your mental prowess then go find a thread that is more along your comfort zone. I'll suggest this one:

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?threadid=108489

#15     Feb 11, 2010
  6. If the questions answer themselves then what do you think the answers are?
    I have my opinions on what I think the answers should be but I started the thread to provoke thought and hear the answers of others. They aren't that hard to answer are they?
    A lot of people are smarter than I am. That is why I like to ask questions to learn from the responses of others. I've learned a lot from your responses already.

I want you to know that I appreciate the "Colonel Sanders" compliment as well. He was an extremely smart and very rich man that loved to cook and excelled late in life.

#16     Feb 11, 2010
  7. No. I already trade a system with a higher win rate and significantly lower draw down. :D

Perceived Value = Zero. Actual Value = Infinite. You have already witnessed experts in their field explain how such a 'hypothetical' system cannot exist.

The market would act and react the same way it always does - fractally and based on sentiment.

For the system itself, I'd pay nothing (as explained above). However, for a ticket to watch the world's guru's packpeddle and distance themselves from their position of how impossible it is for such a device to exist (and for a front row seat to watch the so called experts squirm as you switched on the device), I'd pay a handsome sum - purely for the entertainment value of it all. :D

Good Trading to you.

- Spydertrader

#17     Feb 11, 2010

8. One of the wealthiest fund manager of nowadays used moving averages to trade currencies in the 80s and made a killing. Do you know the name?

How can you talk about things you have not experienced? This is a common issue in these threads. I still have my broker statements from 1984 when I made over 150K trend following currencies in a few months, using simple MA crossovers.

If you know what you are doing and how to properly trade and have discipline, you can still make money with MA crossovers. One problem is the high volatility. Just talking about things and actually doing things is what differentiates people in life.

The delusions are all yours...take this seriously...

#18     Feb 12, 2010
  9. Nice answers, thanks.

I wasn't aware you had fully automated your stuff, cool.

See guys, that wasn't hard.

#19     Feb 12, 2010
  10. Intradaybill . . . nice trip down memory lane. I agree with you and have my own memories of a Texas investment firm that introduced some major advances still used today but that doesn't answer the questions.

Could you or would you make an attempt at it?

#20     Feb 12, 2010