"What type of trader are you ?"

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by Wallace, Mar 27, 2008.

1. Well, you're already rich beyond my wildest dreams, so maybe it was just a matter of their using the wrong possessive form.

#31     Mar 27, 2008
  2. independent trader- perfectly correct

#32     Mar 27, 2008
  3. gnome

gnome

Tough room. Hard to get a laugh out of you blokes.
    :D

#33     Mar 27, 2008
  4. Maybe I am not the only one with a dry sense of humor, lol. where is this sell of I need. I just need it to close at 1325...I just want a 13 point move for my side.

#34     Mar 27, 2008
  5. detailed here too.

#35     Mar 27, 2008
  6. Independent Trader.

Your trading guru is Data from Star Trek.

Charming. I'm viewed as a human computer by others.

Fun waste of 15 minutes!

#36     Mar 27, 2008
  7. You are an Administrative Trader!

People who fit into this category have several of the qualities that make a good trader. You tend to be practical and realistic, and decisive. You move quickly to implement decisions and these are all good for trading. You love facts and what you think is concrete. You are very good at making sure that things run smoothly. As a result, you tend to be good at organizing projects and people to get things done the most efficient way possible...

One of your Trading Strengths

You should have no problems staying with and executing a simple trading system that someone gives you and you feel confident about.

One of your Trading Challenges

You love the details of trading system analysis and development so much but you can often be working on the wrong things. Your efforts can be misguided if you are following the wrong guidelines or advice.

#37     Mar 27, 2008
  8. momoNY

momoNY

You are an Artistic Trader!

Being an Artistic Trader suggests that you enjoy what's going on around you and being in the "now." You like to have your own space and work within your own time frame. In this sense you enjoy the independence of trading, although not the fixed hours of the markets. One of your strengths is your ability to be open-minded, adaptable and flexible, so if you can figure out how to apply that to trading, it will improve your chances of success...

One of your Trading Strengths

You have an ability to be open minded, adaptable and flexible within your trading.

One of your Trading Challenges

Finding and fixing mistakes are not preferred behaviors.

#38     Mar 27, 2008
  9. Values-Driven Trader

Value Driven Traders typically need to do their own thing and trade something they deeply believe in that is self-generated. If you've listened to the media about what's important to success, then you could find yourself trading with some version of that, but with disastrous results. You tend to get your sense of meaning out of relationships, ideas, and material possessions, which suggests that you would tend to be motivated to make money. You have two out of the three characteristics that make a great trader; but your focus on the material could be your undoing.

You probably tend to trust your instincts above all else. This can be good for traders and investors if you've managed to train your instincts through extensive market experience. But without such training, it could be disastrous.

You are also very interested in what motivates others and are very insightful about what's going on in them. While this is a useful characteristic in life, it has little relationship to trading. And if this drives you to try to understand the markets, it could cause you problems.

You also have a clear sense of your values and a true commitment to them. As a result, you tend to develop a clear vision about how to best serve the good of all. And as a result, you tend to be very organized and decisive in implementing your vision. And if trading is part of your vision, and you develop a sound business plan, then you'll probably be very good at it.

You also tend to be very creative and somewhat independent. You are probably not that good with details, but you are great at developing ideas for trading. You do have two of the three qualities that we see in top traders. Thus, if you are willing to commit yourself and do the work necessary, you could do very well as a trader.

Trading Strengths
    Can readily grasp how the markets work and develop new low-risk ideas.
    Totally motivated by your values and what "feels right" to you.
    You are an independent thinker and tend to do your own thing.
    Very self-directed.

Trading Challenges
    If you accept the status quo of society and how trading "should be done" as your understanding of the markets, then you'll probably jump right in and make a mess of things.
    Your focus and emphasis on principles may cause you to overlook details requiring your attention. You are prone to act on your insightful feelings without analytic confirmation.
    You may become quickly frustrated when your systems do not seem to be operating as you feel they should. If you haven't spent time working on yourself then your emotions can easily get the better of you and sabotage your trading.

#39     Mar 27, 2008
  10. You Are a Prop Trader!

(how does the test know?):confused:

#40     Mar 27, 2008