"What type of trader are you ?"

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by Wallace, Mar 27, 2008.

1. Not unlike a horoscope.

A few years ago, there was a segment on 20/20. University students in one class were told to write their name plus date and time of birth on a piece of paper. At the next class, they were given a "personalized" horoscope reading which they were told to read but not share with anyone else. They were overwhelmed with the "accuracy" and "specificity" of the reading, expressing utter amazement at how someone who didn't know them could, in fact, write about them in such "detail." The students were then told that each and every one of them had received the exact same report. Further, it was the horoscope reading of a prisoner on death row.

It is amazing how people will connect the dots when their egos get stroked, and assign precision to the vaguest of notions just to validate the stroking. Are we all that attention-starved?

#11     Mar 27, 2008
  2. For myself, what I thought was important for validation was reading about others in the market who had the same perspective. Often times, you come up with an idea or method and wonder if you are crazy, do people do this?

It helps when you read about others, by chance, they describe thier thoughts and insights and you feel you could have written the words yourself. "Hey, that's me".

This to me is more important than taking a quiz highlighting strengths and weakness. Regrdless of the results, when money is involved, answers may be different.

How about a question, "Would you talk to strangers for money?" as opposed to, "I enjoy meeting different people at a party". Money is out of the questions of the test. People have different emotions if every question had a price tag. Just my .02.

#12     Mar 27, 2008
  3. Lucrum

Lucrum

Detailed Trader

#13     Mar 27, 2008
  4. Socially Responsible Trader

#14     Mar 27, 2008
  5. Gonz

Gonz

You are an Accurate Trader!

If you are an accurate trader, then you tend to be quiet and very responsible in meeting your obligations even beyond the call of duty. You are also thorough, practical and very accurate. You are the type of person that I'd want keeping track of my trades and that is your strong point. Your world probably tends to be very concrete and you value harmony and co-operation. However, trading/investing ideas tend to be very abstract. In addition the trading world tends to be very solitary...

One of your Trading Strengths

If someone hands you a system that works – you can follow through with it. You like things that are proven.

One of your Trading Challenges

Thinking too much could lead to analysis paralysis which could be a constant threat.

#15     Mar 27, 2008
  6. You are an Adventurous Trader!
    Gnome, is this me? I think the big risk taker hits it on the head though.

Generally you are a quiet and flexible observer until a problem appears and then you act quickly to find a solution. You are good at determining what makes things work and going through a large amount of information to find out what is important. This quality will help you immensely as a trader. You are not easily persuaded by anything that is not based on fact. However, if your orientation tends to be external, then you are probably a big risk taker...

One of your Trading Strengths

You're great at analyzing details to determine what makes things work.

One of your Trading Challenges

You might have problems with self analysis which is critical to eliminating mistakes in trading.

#16     Mar 27, 2008
  7. gnome

gnome

No way, man. You're a FLINGER... luckiest som' bitch I know...

#17     Mar 27, 2008
  8. LOL. Lucky? C'mon, you have to give me some credit here.
    Do you want to have a trade of or something? just kidding.
    What did it say you were? I know, it said you were very religious, LMFAO!!!!

#18     Mar 27, 2008
  9. trom

trom

Innovative trader

#19     Mar 27, 2008
  10. Gullible Trader.

"Ready to sign up and eventually buy something from a vendor who blows sunshine up your dress."

:p

#20     Mar 27, 2008