What type of track record they required

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by diego, Apr 25, 2010.

1. diego

diego

I everybody,I'm a trader from Italy, and I was thinking about get in touch with a prop firm to trade in remote on options; can you tell me someone?
    can you tell me what sort of track record is preferred?
    Thanks a lot!

2. What they want to see is you made money rather than lost money. Hope that helps. :)

3. diego, you should clarify what type of prop firm. Some prop firms have a base salary + bonus but others dont have a base salary and only bonus. Also, there are places where it is your initial capital deposit that is at risk and not the firm capital, they usually give 100% payout. On the other side there are ones where you put the firm capital at risk but the payout is less than 100%.
    Obviously, at firms where you risk the firm capital and you get a base salary they require proofs that you are profitable. At firms where you pour your own capital they dont care at all about your track record I guess.

4. diego

diego

I was thinking about firms where I put an initial cap,i.e. 5/10K, and with this trade with leverage, payout 90%. About track record, I don't know if I need to ask for it to my broker,to certificate this,or can I print myself records from pc.. How many years,or months, what return,ecc, they need to be impressed. I'm not Kovner,but still a good trader from many years. And I think that I can trade much more money with prop leverage on stategy options.
    I don't want a base salary, only to trade on remote and do this.
    can someone help me with this infos?
    Thanks!