What type of stocks will perform best if this bull continues?

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by Blue_Bull, Mar 29, 2010.

1. I split my portfolio between long term stocks, and swing trades. I haven't been finding anything to swing trade due to the lack of pull back. My longer term positions focus on stocks that pay higher dividends, because I thought that would be the best strategy for this market.

However, the market is obviously just running straight up. I'm thinking of adding some more aggressive stock positions. I can't decide what sector and what market cap to look for, though.

I'm intrigued by energy, and perhaps even small cap alternative energy stocks. Anyone care to discuss?

2. Agressive stocks..this is what you are looking for.

Look at the 52 week high list for the day. Pick the ones with good fundamentals, not speculative.

AAPL
    BA
    CLF
    BUCY
    HOT
    IDSA FDO ..didn't close that high even 52 wk high
    ITRI
    MEE
    DGI
    WLL

Broke out stocks then pulled back on low/lower (than up days) volumes:

QCOM
    ROST
    LVS..good swing trade, not big price tag.
    BPI...wait fpr bottoming for this cycle
    GE
    PCX
    MRVL..good entry at ma-50
    WLT
    SLB..good entry at ma-50 2 says ago.
    JCOM..first green day after 6 red days.

3. The leaders........
    BUCY,CREE,MEE,GMCR,WLT,AAPL

4. mac

mac

No. 1 sector right now from Investors business daily is Retail. Eight out of ten stocks from their top 100 list were up in yesterdays trading.

5. I didn't know but doesn't surprise me. Retail to contract and consolidate. If you're not ready to commit to a large project, Ie remodeling or another auto, the urge to buy some junk from China is still there, the Gucci wannbe customer is at the dollar store.

Question, what's the ranking of the financial sector? tia

6. mac

mac

Finance is the ranked 12th