What type of information do you use when you trade?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by neutrino, Jun 7, 2004.

1. What type of primary information you use when you trade?

It is obvious that the more uncorrelated information you use as input for your decision making process the better your "edge".

For example I am a swing trader (holding stocks for 1-3 days on average). Here is what I analyze (in order of importance):

1) price - volume - time relationships in multiple timeframes (technical data) for the particular stock
    2) sector technical data (related stocks)
    3) market technical data (nas, dow, s&p)

That's all. I don't use news (but pay attention) or financial data. I have a long term view about some sectors but that's useless in my short timeframe.

Of course I don't trade every stock that has a good looking chart, I have some requirements regarding volatility, liquidity, earnings report coming etc. but that only tells me if I would trade it, not how.

2. price, time, volume.

watch for fractal patterns (aka "patterns on different time frames")

look for symmetry.

trendlines, fibs.

200ma

tick, trin.

3. Everest

Everest

Hey moderator, why don't you LOOK at the posts before you just delete them you monkey. I had a perfectly valid post about stock trading and what I owuld look at, and you deleted it. You are a piss poor moderator - why don't you have a moan to Baron - but before you, why not LOOK at the fucking post. IDIOT.

[RLB Edit: Please direct complaints to the following link --- http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/newthread.php?s=&action=newthread&forumid=11]

4. virgin

virgin

inside information, it's illegal but it works damn well....:D

5. Everest

Everest

wAS i THAT FOOLISH ?

I though I was talking about having a nice evening ??

Oh well, lets et on and trade.

By the - Greenspan - a serious reversal of thinking @not rule out aggresive rate hikes?????' 'worried about oil inflationary ??'

This is a majoe reversal in policy I think - Have heavily sold bonds and looking to do more - anyone else agree ????

Good trading my fellow traders