What type of credentials do I need to trade FX with a US 'Institution'

Discussion in 'Forex Brokers' started by oversea, May 6, 2015.

1. oversea

oversea

Hi Everybody.

I'm a full-time FX trader, exclusively trading a couple of exotic pairs.

I've been trading with mostly retail brokers (and a few 'institutional' brokers) outside the US. Could someone please tell me: what type of credentials and account size/volume would I need to trade with a US-based PoP/Mini-Prime broker?

Any help would be appreciated!

2. credentials???

You should ask them to pitch their credentials. You are the customer for heaven's sake. Don't let any snake oil salesmen suggest you have to prove anything. As long as you have money to deposit and the source of funds turns out ok then you are good to go. You are on the controlling end of the stick. Depending on how much you look to fund the account with you can ask for quite a number concessions.

3. I don't like how rigid the US institutions or brokers are. I decided to keep on trading with small retail brokers because am not ready to get harassed over documents bla bla bla... can be scary sometimes. I have dealt with a few of 'em outside the US, some based in Seychelles like Profiforex and others based in some other highland like OctaFx. Either way, I trade successfully, withdrew my money successfully. Many of my colleagues does the same and trying to escape the f*** rigid rules.