What To Watch For Today!

Discussion in 'Trading' started by BlueStreek, Dec 18, 2006.

1. contrast the merger monday mania reaction with a month ago`s reaction

#21     Dec 18, 2006
  2. noddyboy

noddyboy

Can the carebears please do one last stare? We need the bulls to fade so that I can get in enough size...

#22     Dec 18, 2006
  3. jan168

jan168

isn't this true that selling a lose postion able to off set the gain?
    could someone confirm this one for me?
    thanks!

#23     Dec 18, 2006
  4. noddyboy

noddyboy

That is true for stocks and futures. Many people do not know this but you cannot deduct a loss from your house....explains why the prices are more sticky perhaps.

#24     Dec 18, 2006
  5. hels02

hels02

My accountant does our taxes, I'm too dumb to do it myself, so take this with a grain of salt, but he says yes, losses offset gains for the year. I almost wish I had more losses (ok, not really).

It's not the % taxed, it's the fact that we are going to get shoved into the last tax bracket, which means we'd get taxed a lot more on everything else including all our ordinary income. That's not palatable.

#25     Dec 18, 2006
  6. noddyboy

noddyboy

There is a phase out rule. In the super high income, even deductions like mortgage interest starts disappearing. I know, it sucks...you should get a good accountant.

#26     Dec 18, 2006
  7. kaboooooom next leg down.

#27     Dec 18, 2006
  8. noddyboy

noddyboy

Okay...now I see some stops. Some poor guy got 0.5 points slippage.

#28     Dec 18, 2006
  9. goog 480 put jan 07 really nice move intraday

#29     Dec 18, 2006
  10. noddyboy

noddyboy

IMHO, nothing beats buying index puts...lower premiums => many multiples of original investment. The selloff will affect everything first. Then we bottom pick later.

#30     Dec 18, 2006