What to tell my neighbors about my trading career.

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by ProfitMania, Feb 25, 2007.

1. "Create a web site with a very mysterious home page. Password protect the site. Tell them you're on the 'net, give them your card."

Home page: How I bought a nice home in a great neighborhood ....

Put up a few teaser pages like; lawn care tips,

Add pages as you answer more asinine questions from inquiring minds.

#31     Feb 25, 2007
  2. That's when you don't say nothing and burst out into laughter. Just don't laugh to loud you don't want to be a dick about it. That's what I do when they ask me if I can wash their car after mine. I am tempted to say sure, do you want to vacum my house and mop the floor in exchange because that is what I am doing next.

Or better yet say, sure neighbor let me give you a referral to a great lawn service.

I have 1 old lady on 1 side. She is old, arrogant, and condescending to my wife and I. When we moved in she saw me mowing our lawn and said to me it's great to have neighbors that cut my lawn. I replied, wow you are lucky, maybe they will cut mine too!. I say that about her because we nicely wrote her a note to turn off her sprinklers because it was become winter time. She got hostile with my wife and said she didn't have sprinklers in the back when she pointed out on the side of the house where to shut them off! Oh well maybe I should cut her a break. She may not have it all upstairs. :eek: Sad really, he son now lives 2 miles away and he doesn't come over to visit. I wonder why. :p

My other neighbor, she is lazy and doesn't want to shovel snow, but refuses to buy a snow blower. So when we had the Denver blizzard at Christmas, she doesn't shovel for 2 days, we had be shoveling 3 times a day for 2 days at that point, and then she says oh I have no husband home and no kids home to help me. I just ignored her. The nerve of some neighbors. Ok slacker let me come over and do your chores, I think not. This was after my wife offered to help her move a mattress and she puts it down and directs my wife and her daughter to move it while she stands there and does nothing.

Anyone want to buy a house? :D Just kidding, atleast they are quiet neighbors.

Point being, don't feel bad I have had issues with my neighbors too. :p

#32     Feb 25, 2007
  3. Tums

Tums

I doubt you are a consistent and successful trader.
    Your insecurity belied you.
    Just tell them the truth: you are attempting to making a living out of trading, but that you haven't been consistent nor profitable yet. LOL.

#33     Feb 25, 2007
  4. BSAM

BSAM

No sh&t. Tell them you are a professor and a trader. Does it not seem like a good idea to move into a neighborhood and attempt to form good relations with the people living near you? There's some bizarre responses on this thread.

I think maybe this guy is just a little too impressed with himself.

#34     Feb 25, 2007
  5. Do you really work as a college professor? That is a nice job if you do. College professors where I come from make 100K a year. So why should you be ashamed of that?

#35     Feb 25, 2007
  6. Drew07

Drew07

He said it was too wealthy of an area for a professor.

#36     Feb 25, 2007
  7. seriously wtf is wrong with people not wanting to say they trade for living....if your afraid that they bug you about advice ask them if they want a cleveland steamer

#37     Feb 26, 2007
  8. Just tell em' you trade the Brother-in-Laws money...

His home...

[​IMG]

His neighbors lawn...

[​IMG]

My parents place in back..I am in the basement.

[​IMG]

Mine is blue with simulated woodgrain siding :)

[​IMG]

#38     Feb 26, 2007
  9. LOL, I walk....:D

#39     Feb 26, 2007
  10. Too funy Michael. You are classic. I love it. Were do get these picks?

#40     Feb 26, 2007