What to tell my neighbors about my trading career.

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by ProfitMania, Feb 25, 2007.

1. newtoet

newtoet

Why do you care if people think your wife makes more than you? It sounds like you have an inferiority complex...

#11     Feb 25, 2007
  2. They do not think a professor can buy this kind of house.
    That is why they reacted strangely.

#12     Feb 25, 2007
  3. AC3

AC3

Whatever happened to the truth...... who are you George Costanza....why don't you tell them that your a Latex Salesman for VanDeLay Industries.

#13     Feb 25, 2007
  4. Drew07

Drew07

ES, when you're ready to trade up into a newer ride I have an Acura guy I can put you in touch with :)

#14     Feb 25, 2007
  5. Ok good.

Tell them that you are a trader. Tell them that you trade your Brother-in-Laws portfolio.

#15     Feb 25, 2007
  6. I am happy with my woodgrain...Thank you very much...

#16     Feb 25, 2007
  7. Then, one of them asked:
    Do you teach in the Summer?
    Me: No
    He: Then you can help me with the lawn....
    I think: "@#$%!"

#17     Feb 25, 2007
  8. If it gets worse...tell them that you sell Amway...thats the ticket...that should work....

#18     Feb 25, 2007
  9. Drew07

Drew07

HAHAHAHA where the hell do you live? Can't these snobby assholes hire lawn people?

#19     Feb 25, 2007
  10. As another post or two said, if you are a successful trading and making good money, just come up with a great sounding line - financial analyst, private wealth manager, etc etc

You can create your own title and get your own biz cards printed to show them!

And when they ask you to trade some of their money, explain politely that you are not currently accepting new clients, but you'll be more than happy to place them on your wait list. Make sure to also mention the wait list may be years and years down the road.

In summary - they like your title (people love fancy sounding titles), they know what you do and they realize there's no chance you will accept their $ anytime soon.

#20     Feb 25, 2007