What to read after Natenberg?

Discussion in 'Options' started by ferrycorsten, Mar 4, 2013.

1. kapw7

kapw7

#31     Mar 5, 2013
  2. Sure. It's like price shopping at the supermkt (if you accept model constraints). Everything reduces to relative value; IV/HV, vertically or on time. It still involves a lot of mining and you need to be a good predictor of something; whether it be the fwd price of spot or vol.

Strips, term or spot. Choose two of three.

#32     Mar 5, 2013
  3. I'll bet your book would outsell most option books until they found out it was really about options trading. Spice it up a bit and you may have a best-seller!

#33     Mar 5, 2013
  4. #34     Mar 5, 2013
  5. Woulda Coulda Shoulda by Charles Cottle taught me about options.

great book-- enjoy!

#35     Mar 5, 2013
  6. Thanks for all the responses. What should be read first - Hull or Sinclair?

#36     Mar 5, 2013
  7. sonoma

sonoma

Sinclair, Baird, Derman's GS monographs

#37     Mar 5, 2013
  8. Baird was very good .. Options market making.. very clear and concise.. its not a very big book...

#38     Mar 6, 2013
  9. I suggest reading a book about market psychology.
    It's amazing that traders here, and around the world, don't think any differently today, than they did more than a hundred years ago.
    Hence the reason there will always be bubbles.... which most will never see coming, followed by busts, which most will not survive.
    Human nature, (group think), has never changed and it never will.
    A book(s) on market psychology, will offer you a better chance of survival, than any option strategy can.

#39     Mar 6, 2013
  10. RPEX

RPEX

Straight after Natenberg i would read Baird, mainly because its very well written and is quite short - it will make you more confident of the principles from Natenberg. Then Cottle, then Sinclair's VT then something much harder.

#40     Mar 6, 2013