What to get a trader husband for Christmas?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by phisigjaybird, Nov 16, 2008.

1. Mvic

Mvic

Agree.

My wife got me this for my Bday a few years ago and invited my best friend to go with me, was a great experience. Have a friend who did Mig over Moscow (he did it using his Amex points) and said it was incredible.

http://www.incredible-adventures.com/desert_dogfights.html

#21     Nov 16, 2008
  2. Bunds, I like your suggestion better. :) ...

#22     Nov 16, 2008
  3. Odds favour that you are masquerading as your own Wife ( after all this is ET), so just buy what you want.

regards
    f9

#23     Nov 16, 2008
  4. Do the flying twice a week from market close to sunset as a fun experience. Doing over 5g's repeatedly is not too cool brain wise.

Or sailing a few times a week in 30 footer singlehanded is fun and relaxing too.

For improving his trading or amateur sports car racing more than any other single thing, get him an emwave pc. Use the alternative to the finger.

#24     Nov 16, 2008
  5. let two of your hottest friends blow him

its the thought that counts

#25     Nov 16, 2008
  6. <b>bunds,</b> shame you don't know how to find the right American women. Such a pity, really.

OP... your husband would appreciate quality time with you. Trading is no different than any other job, profession or career. it's merely a way to earn money =create time freedom to spend doing the good things in life. Trading and markets are boring at the pro's level.

Direct your focus on something that includes quality time spent with you. A secondary gift that pertains to work would be fine as a constant reminder. Bull riders don't want a flak jacket, football traders don't want a jersey, traders don't want a monitor for gifts. Those are just tools of the profession. Think personal :)

#26     Nov 16, 2008
  7. My wife got me a crystal ball that sits on my desk...
    Shame it doesnt work...
    Yes a BJ would have been better.

#27     Nov 16, 2008
  8. Got to admit as I was scrolling down reading the responses, this was the only idea that popped into my head. Ladies spend so much time agonizing over what fancy gift to buy when a BJ and Eggs costs almost nothing and will be remembered the most.

#28     Nov 16, 2008
  9. ammo

ammo

make a charitable donation ,trading is a very selfish profession and really has no positive world impact,so a donation of his hard earned cash might give him a warm fuzzy feelng,show him the reciept after you've made him feel warm and fuzzy,it'll make warm and fuzzy more memorable

#29     Nov 16, 2008
  10. My wife one year got me a pair of gold dice(along with a few other things). Each side was written one of the following "Buy, Hold or Sell". It was a nice thought.

I know my wife has a hard time buying as well but as another poster said..try and find something that isn't related to trading.

What does he like?

#30     Nov 16, 2008