What to get a trader husband for Christmas?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by phisigjaybird, Nov 16, 2008.

1. Hello boys,
    So here is my dilemma:
    My husband is a full-time trader in futures, etc. (after five years together, I still don't know the terminology) and is always lurking on this board. I guess I am one of the few wives who while I don't completely understand what he does, I know he makes money and that a certain amount ends up in our bank account every month. As I think a wife should, I support him and just try to let me do this with little or no interference from me.
    That explanation aside, this is the first time we are exchanging X-mas gifts this year since we were dating. Since trading is basically his life, I thought that it would be a good place to start for gift ideas. The problem is I don't know what a trader would want for Christmas. I pride myself on being the person people know to give good gifts, but I can't think of a damn thing for my husband. Therefore, I thought I'd post on here and see what you all, other traders, thought were good gift suggestions.
    So, occasional sarcasm aside (and you all are a funny bunch), if your wife or significant other was going to give you a gift for X-mas that had to do with trading, what gift would you love to receive from her or him?
    Any and all suggestions are appreciated!
    JCMW

2. My wife gave me a Dell 30" display last year...:)

3. Make everyday Chrismas for him before or after his trading day.

4. Dustin

Dustin

As traders we spend most of our waking hours in the office, so anything that makes that time more enjoyable is a win.

New desk
    Bigger monitors
    New chair
    New office TV
    etc...

5. What are his "other" hobbies and interests?

Trading is an all-consuming activity (as you can see for yourself), so I think it's more important for a trader to have something else to balance-out one's trading.

a) If he's active, a gym membership would be great.

b) Or on a more intimate level a good book by his favorite author.

c) Or maybe a favorite "collection" of something that he's mentioned in the past.

The problem with getting him a trading related gift is that he knows what he wants/needs better than everyone else, so unless he's mentioned something by name, it's going to be hard to figure it out for 'em.

6. http://www.ambientdevices.com/cat/index.html

see market maven.

my best friend got it for me as a gift. it updates not in real time, but i put it on my refrig. and i enjoy seeing the numbers after the market close, etc.

kinda fun, and cool.

enjoy

7. Joab

Joab

Flat screen TV wall mounted for his office would be great idea :D

8. If you're going to go with a trading related gift to show your emotional support of his trading business, this is simple, easy and pretty cool.

#10     Nov 16, 2008