What to do with an 800 rebate?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by veritas007, Jan 18, 2008.

1. Trickle down economics DOES NOT WORK. It is not an economic tool. It is an excuse.

http://members.tripod.com/rationalrevolution0/war/trickle_down.htm

And while you're waxing about economics, it may interest you to know that the national debt incurred while Reagan and the Bushes were in office accounts for about 70% of the national debt since 1776. That's just 3 Republican presidents! The Bushes alone account for over 50%.

#31     Jan 18, 2008
  2. MKTrader

MKTrader

It (or most any tax cutting measure) can work if you control spending simultaneously. But that almost never happens. The closest it came to happening the right way was in the early 80s, a time that saw a great economic turnaround. The later Reagan, Bush Sr. and Billary years had way too much spending, so it didn't matter if taxes were cut, raised, etc.

#32     Jan 18, 2008
  3. For those of us who won't be getting the $800, they should cut the 35% tax rate bracket to 32% for the 2008 calendar year.

I would be very happy...

#33     Jan 18, 2008
  4. Grape soda, KFC, Nike Sneakers and I-pods oh my!

#34     Jan 18, 2008
  5. Romney is advocating a $250 BILLION DOLLAR stimulus plan that not only includes business investment incentives, but also ZERO cap gains for anyone making less than $200k.

Wow!

#35     Jan 18, 2008
  6. Yeah. But will he change his mind on that too?

#36     Jan 18, 2008
  7. MKTrader

MKTrader

I like it if he'll cut at least that much pork and bring up unemployment claims in D.C. (actually N. Virginia and Maryland where the bureaucrats live). Not holding my breath though.

#37     Jan 18, 2008
  8. This is too funny. I don't know how, but Reagan convinced all rednecks on this one.

Think about it for a minute buddy. If you give money to the middle/lower income most of whom are living paycheck to paycheck, they are going to spend the money. Pay off debt, buy products, fix the car, whatever. Spend it! You give money to someone well off, they are just going to add it to their savings or investments. (Shit they might put it in Euros!) Yes, THEY, WE, have savings. SPENDING will stimulate the economy! But don't worry if you are well off, and don't get a refund, that money will slowly but surely trickle up the ladder right to you. It's really a wonderful thing.

Now please explain how giving small refunds to people already well off creates jobs.

#38     Jan 18, 2008
  9. S2007S

S2007S

Tax rebates: All sides agree that tax rebate checks — up to $500 for individuals and more for married couples and people with children — would be in any final stimulus measure. The White House was pushing for even higher rebates. The rebates are likely to be limited to individuals with incomes less than $85,000 and couples earning $110,000 or less. Democrats want to extend the rebates to people who work but make too little to have to pay income taxes.

#39     Jan 18, 2008
  10. I'm from Massachusetts. Many people here have already forgotten about him, we realized he just needed a governorship as a platform to spring toward Washington. He left us approx $1 billion in the hole, and a "mandatory" healthcare system, of which we are still unsure how to fund. But, he has good hair.

#40     Jan 18, 2008