What to do with a corrupt trader???

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by Franky12, May 11, 2004.

1. Fantastic! You're on your way to becoming a successful tattletaler!

Congratulations, can't wait to hear all the details!

#31     May 12, 2004
  2. This is a good idea; I have done so with a couple of non trading businesses and got some financial compensation both times. Be sure to complain to your state's AG and to the AG in the state where the company is registered.

In the Futures Trading Secrets situation, there guarantee is one of the worst I've seen; you can call them but have to pay for the call. This is IMO a Red Flag. Even some of the scum in this field at least offer some type of money back guarantee.

Good luck and be thankful you kept your losses low (a key lesson in the trading biz).

DS

#32     May 12, 2004
  3. WarEagle

WarEagle Moderator

I guess I just don't see it the same way. I HATE what I had to go through to learn the lessons we learn on our journey. Certainly we all have to learn them, but I can't wish that on someone, even if I will be trading against them in the future. I would rather have been told going in the traps that await, even if I would not have followed the advice. I don't see anything wrong or "tattletalish" about reporting fraud. And whether or not their actions are fraud in the legal sense or just the ethical sense makes no difference to me. Most trading method vendors are frauds because the stuff they sell doesn't work, plain and simple. They would just shut up and trade it if did.

All of us who have been in the biz awhile know this, which is why so many people say newbies are stupid or "buyer beware" blah blah. But that is because we look through the eyes of "been there done that". When we were new to the game, we didn't have the same perspective that would have kept us out of these kinds of scams. Try to remember what it was like and have a little compassion....the market is going to be tough enough on them as it is. Having one less snake selling to them is a GOOD thing.

#33     May 12, 2004
  4. Your kind of compassion is as endangered in our society as your alias.

#34     May 12, 2004
  5. ...Make sure you complained to the seller first and requested a refund in accordance with any refund policy they might have...

That's a very operative phrase. Be sure to doublecheck the info, disclaimers, terms of use, etc. and see if there is mention of a refund policy. In the absence of an explicit policy (and note that the policy can be "no refunds" - which is perfectly legit), the generally accepted default policy is that you're entitled to a refund only if you show they failed to deliver what they sold you.

I didn't see any satisfaction guaranteed phrase, so if you got what they said they were selling (i.e., books, tapes, etc.) - and understand that from what I saw on their website, they did NOT sell you a magic pill to turn you into a profitable trader - and there's nothing physically defective with the material (i.e., the books are readable, tapes play, etc.), then you don't have a legit claim for a refund.

#35     May 12, 2004

6. arch,

how about misleading and fraudulent advertising angle ? it is my understanding that regardless of the disclaimer, if "intent" to defraud or mislead can be shown--- the vendor has a problem.

for instance--the traderbrad vendor shows a daily video indicating his buys and sells--however these buys and sells are far removed from the reality of his market calls. his disclaimer states all the usual plus it clearly states that the movies are made with the benefit of hindsight. HOWEVER, there is clear intent to make it appear that these are actual calls made thru out the trading day thereby opening the door to fraud charges due to deceitful marketing. its like the guy who charges 9.95 for a genuine copper engraving of abe lincoln and sends the poor soul a penny. LOL !

surfer :)

#36     May 12, 2004
  7. Yeah, if he could show manifest misrepresentation (ala traderbrad) he'd have a case. But from this other website I didn't see anything that jumped out like that. While the price is a lot more, it doesn't look much different than all those guys selling books that claim to disclose "secrets of floor traders" or other BS.

#37     May 12, 2004
  8. blah blah blah

EAT IT SUCKER!! LIKE A MAN! QUIT YER WHINING FOOL! HAHA! :D

#38     May 12, 2004

9. yeah, i agree.

surfer :)

#39     May 12, 2004