what to do when you know how to make money...

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Gordon Gekko, Jun 12, 2002.

1. VOLUME

VOLUME

PUSSY, I thought you were dead!!!! What happened to your incredible trading journal today????

#21     Jun 12, 2002
  2. specul8tor

specul8tor Guest

g,

just get a job!

maybe you can skim from the MCD cash register.

#22     Jun 12, 2002
  3. HOW about this, it takes a pair, though, options on stocks in play.
    OMC June 65 calls traded between .80 and 3.60 in a span of a couple of hours that I was looking at them. That's 300% if you bought them @ .80.

These type of plays happen almost weekly.

#23     Jun 12, 2002
  4. Tntneo is correct about retail but actually Professional firms will offer up to 50 to 1 if the risk can be justified.

Robert

#24     Jun 12, 2002

5. need to quote the entire message and have to 2nd that.

Robert

#25     Jun 13, 2002
  6. aura0663

aura0663

Rtharp- can I be believin' my eyes when you quote 50/1 margin? Is this really possible? Under what circumstances? Do you have to sleep with anyone to get this margin? Do you have to sleep with them more than once?? Just foolin, but you got my attention

#26     Jun 13, 2002
  7. What margin? If you work at a prop firm, you dont have to put up any of your own capital and, if you are as good as you say you are, you can trade up to as much as you want! You will not be limited by any $$$ amounts intrad day (except when you're doing MOC's at end of each quarter). At my firm, the limits are set by your position size in terms of shares and open positions (different stocks at any given monet) - not by $$$ amounts. And my current limit is 8,000 shares, 15 positions. And Im no big fry. That's 15 x 8000 = 120,000 possible # of shares I can have open at any given moment. I have NEVER EVER maxed my limits out...but that is always a possibility.

If you're as good as you say you are...go to a prop firm, prove yourself, get your limits raised...then the sky is the limit !!

#27     Jun 13, 2002
  8. Rigel

Rigel

That's easy.
    You make money.
    If you don't know how you either face up to it and work at it some more or you make excuses.
    That "if only...." stuff doesn't cut it in the real world.

#28     Jun 13, 2002
  9. it's kind of annoying to see all these responses treating me like i started trading yesterday. although you may not know much about me, don't just assume i know nothing. i'd be willing to bet i've been through far more than most people on this board. for those who have struggled like i have and learned your lessons, my congratulations go out to you.

i don't see why my original question was so foolish. i will make money with the equity i have right now. however, i also realize that if i had more capital to use, i could probably jump ahead a couple years. for all of you being negative to me, you're betting on the wrong person.

some of the responses i got made me think of that phrase, "don't hate me because i'm beautiful." well, don't hate me because i'm profitable.

#29     Jun 13, 2002
  10. SHOW ME THE MONEY!!

i love this...'i trade great..i just don't have any money.':D

#30     Jun 13, 2002