What to do when you have access to inside news?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by qll, Aug 18, 2006.

1. qll

qll

I always heared the stories of inside trading. Even dreamed what if I knew this this this before everybody knows that that that. Well this really happens now.

It happens that I know the earnings of a large public traded company one week before they are released to the public. I checked the recent market reaction of recent earning release. The stock price is up or down 5%-15%. Its average daily trading volume tells me if I can trade $20 million one day before the earninng release, the market won't feel a thing. So that is $2 million profit per Q, or $8 million per year.

What should I do now?
    A shut up and borrow as much money as I can to trade the stock
    B trade options for max gain
    C find somebody who has $20 million and share the profit
    D don't use it, because it is illegal, although nobody will ever know because I have nothing related to this public company.

Very confused now. Please let me know what you will do and what I should do now.

2. MTE

MTE

Well, now they'll know.:D

3. You could share it with me in exchange for not reporting you :D

Better duck from the barrage of (not so friendly) responses about to come your way...:eek:

4. Go to jail. Go directly to jail. Do not pass GO. Do not collect $200 dollars.

Since the internet provides you total and complete anonymity, you should feel safe with this choice.

- Spydertrader

5. the sec watches et. it's too late to trade it (not that it would have been a good idea anyway) unless you're trying to get a date with bubba in block3, why not make the info public

6. Wetton

Wetton

This one takes the cake. Best thread ever. What to do, what to do?

It's too bad that they don't do lobotomies anymore. I'd certainly recommend one.

7. LMAO. Given past posts, timing, a little bit of investigative work, there is a 99% probability that the company in question is SNDK...and it was already traded. If it's not SNDK, I'll eat my hat :D

qll: Time for a new handle, new IP, new ISP, new hard drive, new country of residence, new name, new identity :eek:

8. WWMSD?

What Would Martha Stewart Do?

9. Wetton

Wetton

Oh wait, i missed option c, "find someone with $20 million and share the profits".

Hilarious. I'd definitely recommend the lobotomy.

10. qll

qll

no. it is not SNDK. it is a company I never traded before.
    read my other posts. i am pretty active in after earning trading, so i watch earnings all the time. i mainly read 10q, hear cc, then day trade. so i am pretty good at predicting what will happen based on earnings.
    i really can not believe i can know the earnings of such a big company so easily. i know why wall street guys hang out at golf now.
    Connections Really Make The Kill.

#10     Aug 18, 2006