What to do for fun?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by michael21, Nov 13, 2011.

1. Oh, to the original poster, go to school. Unless you have your PHD or MBA going to school will probably be good for you.

5yr

#31     Nov 14, 2011
  2. I like university lectures. There are loads of video courses on line, here's an example:
    http://ocw.mit.edu/courses/audio-video-courses/
    Going to school and the formality of a class is good. But I have been amazed how cool lectures are when deadlines and exams don't get in the way of enjoying it and learning from it.
    Other than that, I have come to realize as I get older I don't enjoy having fun. Don't be brainwashed into thinking life or your day has to be fun. "Fun" (and convincing you of your lack of it) is just a sales gimmick.

#32     Nov 14, 2011
  3. This is so true

#33     Nov 14, 2011
  4. Lucias

Lucias

Spotify is nice... listen to music.. to relax.. walk, exercise, lift weights. Review your trading. Program trading strategies... go to the sauna.. get out to nature.. video games.. movies (sparingly).. ride a bicycle...

if you have money you could go to the beach.. paint... read science lectures... check out TED conference/ideas... There are also Google videos/thinking lectures..
    Read fantasy/sci-fi

Read trading blogs... hit/miss there

Wikipedia surf.. just start surfing... that's pretty fun... go deep into the web.. get lost.. space out... meditate... socialize.. go bowling

socialize.. spend time with family.. talk... contemplate.. dream.. day dream... take up a sport/hobby...

#34     Nov 14, 2011
  5. Just wanted to clarify my point so it doesn't sound too cynical -- if there's something you enjoy, that is good, please enjoy it; but don't be tricked into doing something you don't particularly care for, just because you think "I'm not doing anything, I have to do something fun". The key point is be honest with yourself, to know the difference. When I got honest with myself, I freed myself from doing stupid things trying to relive my 20-somethings; now I'm perfectly content to just walk around the neighborhood, pet the dogs, smell the roses, etc

#35     Nov 14, 2011
  6. Lots of cool suggestions in this thread guys! Thanks. I wrote down a bunch of interesting 'to do' things on my list.
    ----------------
    Um, I am a tall white male with hair and money (not wealthy--just alot of disposable income--no kids, never married, I rent cheap, etc...); but more importantly I have devoted countless hours since age 12 @ to this specific 'trade setup.' My most influential stepfather was a smooth-talking salesman for an investment bank; I used to listen to him endlessly as a youth.

We also used to hustle on Rush St. in Chi-town (pool sharks) when I was in my early teens; so I was introduced to the whorish women at an early age. It never gets old. I don't know why; it just doesn't.

I focus on (but not limited to)

a) Convenience stores that sell liqour, practicing my approach
    b) Wine Bars since age 21 (mostly women there--a few are young and dumb and tipsy on good wine and cheese--that is my opportunity to go for 2 of them at a time).
    c) Yoga and Pilates since age 25 (this is a pussy palace just waiting for you to step in and nail the younger ones)
    d) 2nd-hand thrift/vintage/couture clothing stores; young artsy-fartsy artist-hippie whores hang out there
    e) local art and fashion colleges--again, prime meat here for the taking
    f) community colleges--are you kidding me!!! one of my highest hit rates--hit up the cafe and food court for the night classes

I could go on and on--one thing is you have to have STORIES (the more outlandish the better and the more preposterous and ridiculously interesting, once again, the better).

Paint a picture of the bigger better plan and then act decisively. I also rely heavily on alcohol and recreational drugs to 'close' (if necessary). I don't force it on them; I merely point out they may partake if they wish.

Also, my highest % of all time is in predominantly gay neighborhoods--the avant-garde hot 'beards' in these areas are just asking for it.

Finally, I also like upscale private colleges--my highest recommendation!

peace

Hedvig

#36     Nov 14, 2011
  7. GG,

Unfortunately, I have been banned 3 times on ET; thus I have to resort back to one of my oldest usernames here.

I tend to be a touch racist and sometimes utter quite a bit of hate speech (the PC definition) on ET.

That is the reason for my low amount of posts.

Random Question: How does one conquer fear of heights? I can hike big hills but I 'freeze' if someone offers a rappeling session or rock/mountain/ice climbing.

One of my most embarrassing moments was being up 25ft in college and not being able to rappel down a fucking cement wall--humiliating!!

#37     Nov 14, 2011
  8. TILT2

TILT2

How do you have STORIES, and I am not a talktive guy. Did you make the stories up? Any suggestion?

#38     Nov 15, 2011
  9. Im sure he has stories from experience. But i would say, get a nice car, and the panties will be dropping with no questions, thats what women do, majority of them are caught up on material objects, in a way it shows them that your secure and they feel a sense of security with you. This is in response to meeting the whorish chicks, haha. Of course this is assuming you have perfected trading and are bringing in the money, otherwise, no reason for you to be bored as you should be trying to figure it out.

#39     Nov 15, 2011
  10. stephen31 , or hedvig is the MAN , listen to that guy he knows what he's talking about.

STORY - its simple, I operate like stephen31 as well, You just asked me how do you conjure a story? Well there was one time I was in 6th grade, We had a story telling contest for the whole grade, each person had to get up in front of the class and tell a story to a bunch of 3rd graders, I didn't prepare for it, it was a spur of the moment so I just memorized a short pig story, , but I tried to tell it the best I could , animate it a little, you know I tried to be the pig in my pig story. Live in the moment. After I told my story, everybody clapped, I was so happy to get results from no preparation.

A few months later during recess, they were calling out people for something, they called my name, I thought I got picked for basketball or something, it turns out I won 2nd place for the story telling contest,
    hahaha, I couldn't believe it, They've chosen me to be a backup for a citywide story telling contest!

well thats telling a story about telling a story . just makeup shit and tell people about yourself. yes, most of it is true.

thats how i fuckchicks as well. hedwig is smartcat.

#40     Nov 15, 2011