What to buy now

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by Wilt, Oct 4, 2008.

1. Wilt

Wilt

NewTrader-

I am not sure about any of the prices I posted. However, I am willing to put my money in at those levels, so I believe it enough to put skin in the game. Of all of those picks, I want FSLR most. I feel their business is fundamentally strongest and they always blow out earnings. I am hoping for a high volume blow through of $140 to $130. If that happens, I think it will go back to $180 real quick. ENER is the second favorite. It will bounce to high $50's really easily if not lower $60's. They had a good quarter last quarter as well. I like AAPL and GOOG for solid bounces off those prices PRIOR to earnings. I'd sell before earnings hit. If they have bad earnings, they will go the way of RIMM. (which I think was overdone for a 5% reduction in outlook, but hey, the market tells me what to do, not the other way around) The only one I'd hold through earnings from those prices is FSLR. With another blowout, it will go back to $220ish.

Good Luck

Wilt

#11     Oct 4, 2008
  2. Thanks for your advise. I have lost 30% of my life time saving.
    I shouldn't get to this place.....I am still thinking if I need to sell all my stocks on Monday......

#12     Oct 5, 2008
    #13     Oct 5, 2008
  4. kxvid

kxvid

Sell everything. IMO nothing has bottomed yet. Some agricultural stocks are looking dirt cheap like CF but I think still have farther to fall. What exactly compelled you to buy C? Sell that garbage first.

#14     Oct 5, 2008

5. Thanks for your advise. I will sell everything next week.
    But I thought Citi,would benefit from bailout plan, and should be hold.

#15     Oct 5, 2008
  6. yayt

yayt

what are your cost bases and investment horizon?

#16     Oct 5, 2008
  7. I follow Merrill Lynch's recommendation, and lose about 30% of my life time saving in IRA and regular account..... I weigh too high on tech and Agricultural stocks....I am bleeding.....I will sell everything next week.....

#17     Oct 5, 2008
  8. Remember Livermoore's modus operandi when it comes to "marketing" a stock for liquidation -- the real selling occurs on the way down, after prices seem extraordinarily "cheap" vs where they were just a few months ago. The bulk of the selling is done to the bargain-picking crowd, and they are the ones left holding the bag as momentum funds/insiders have left the building.

#18     Oct 5, 2008
  9. I start trading by myself about a year ago. Here is my portfolio by order of amount.

BTI, POT, AAPL, WB, C, RIO, RIMM, GLW, INTC, DELL, EMC, YHOO,BAC, SPWR and high dividend stocks MRK, PM, FRO, DSX. I lose almost 30% of my account in a year. In just past 3 weeks, I lost 20%.

#19     Oct 5, 2008
  10. If the stock market went up 20% after you sold will you be mad? If it went down 20% more would you feel worse?
    Where was you predefined exit?

In the end it is your life, your decision, your responsibility.

There is a chance we can see a bit of a bounce but overall it is a bad market. People who have no idea what they are doing have no place in this market. My advice? Cut your losses and don't look back.

#20     Oct 5, 2008