What time will ES Sep. 20 options be expired tomorrow?

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by may916us, Sep 19, 2019.

1. may916us

may916us

I am new in ES options. Usually ES options will be ended(expired) at 5:00 pm. Will quarterly expiring future options be different? Are they will be expired tomorrow morning 9:00 am?
    Thanks in advance for your help.

2. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

There are weeklies, end of the month and the regular monthy. (And Monday, Wednesday)You can see the all here. https://www.cmegroup.com/trading/eq...8&optionExpiration=138-U9#optionProductId=138

The monthly is labeled American Options - Termination Of Trading 9:30 a.m. ET on the 3rd Friday of the contract month
    EOM - Trading terminates at 4:00 p.m. ET on the last business day of the contract month
    Weekly- 4:00 p.m. ET on Friday of the named week
    Monday-Wednesday - 4:00 p.m. ET on Monday or Wednesday of the named week.

CannonTrading_Ilan likes this.
  3. may916us

may916us

Robert Morse:
    Thanks for your response, but what time will this S&P E-mini future option Sep. 20 2019 be ended??? Can you tell?? I am new and barely trade ES options. I recalled last year ES Dec. 28 2018 was ended in the morning 9:00 am or 9:30 am. I was told the quarterly ES option is ended in the morning.

4. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

I’m not aware of quarterly options. I expect they are monthly and 9:30am ET. Call the CME or your broker right now and ask to confirm.

5. CannonTrading_Ilan

CannonTrading_Ilan Sponsor

The quarterly will expire tomorrow at 9:30 AM EST in what we call quadruple witching:
    index options, index futures, single stock futures and equity options. Cash settled if you are in the money. Worthless if you are out of the money. The special price is NOT always the last traded price you see on the Sept. contract but rather based on the "equity cash settle prices" which is published that morning.

6. may916us

may916us

Thanks a lot! I read it immediately after your response posting, but I forgot to reply with thanks.

CannonTrading_Ilan likes this.