What time is the Trump Impeachment?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by SimpleMeLike, Dec 12, 2019.

1. Hello,

I day trade futures. I do not follow or care about politics. But I would like to trade the volatile market swings up or down when the decision is made to impeach president or not. I do not care the outcome, just want to trade and make alot of money on wild day swings.

Will their be a certain day and time the government will annouce their decision?

Thanks,

2. Overnight

Overnight

The UK votes are more important right now. I think there's another round of hearings on the giant imPEACH tomorrow? They want to vote on it before X-Mas is last I heard.

3. Do you know the date and time the impechment will be annouced so I can watch the chart and trade please?

4. Overnight

Overnight

No, that will not be known until all the final "hearings" are done with.

5. Thank you Overnight for the response,

How will I know when all final hearings will be done? Is there a website that gives this information?

6. I think the way the dance works is that the Judiciary Committee/panel is voting on it tonight.

If impeachment passes at the committee level- meaning that "charges" ie. articles of impeachment are voted tonight - and there is no reason on earth why they will not be, then the next step is a vote- next week- on the committee's recommendation for articles by the full house.

If it passes the full house, and there is no reason on earth why it will not. Then it goes to the Senate for trial. Which will - earliest- be mid-January with a final vote late January- earliest. And there is no reason on earth why the Senate will convict. The votes are not even remotely there.

That answers what you asked, but as an aside, keep in mind that this is not a fed rate announcement, or non-farm payroll or trade deal announcement type of thing. The outcome is completely known and baked in all the way. So don't be surprised if the volatility is only minor, very minor. I mean there could be lots of volatility on those days but due to all the other things going on in the world. Today being a classic example. Lots of other things going on. Impeachment noise is just like elevator music in the background.

Overnight likes this.
  7. Overnight

Overnight

Indeed, the biggest thing to worry about right now is the Sunday deadline on tariffs. Markets have not reacted at all to anything impeachment-related.

DTB2 and El OchoCinco like this.
  8. RRY16

RRY16

Please stop your kindergarten games and go back to flipping pucks.

Cuddles likes this.
  9. Cuddles

Cuddles