what time is considered the Day Session?

Discussion in 'Commodity Futures' started by ChrisMMM, May 18, 2007.

1. What time is considered the day session for QM, and NG?

Thanks

2. 8:00 am to 1:30 pm CST

3. hey thanks,

up to this point I have just done stocks. I feel at the time, I'm at the point where I need some more leverage. But for silver, crude oil. lumber, copper, gold, Tbonds, natural gas, wheat, rough rice, tiber, coffee would you say that those hours are the best hours to trade those markets?

4. Not sure for you, only thing I can tell you is that I have been doing energy for a long time now, and unless you have deep pockets, scalping trades during the day off of momentum is the best way to trade. And when I say scalping, I mean in and out for bits (.02 in natty is my standard) unless you get in and it starts to run in your favor with some momentum. But 90% of time it is trading in back and forth ranges.

5. that's cool. What bars do you use? min? vol?

I'd probably be interested in using 60 min bar, but yeah I know what you mean they really move.

Like for the QM if you bought and held for 21 days, your average trade would be +- $1276 per contract.

6. as with terms of scalping, I've really never been able to come up with anything solid that backtests well enough to trade ultra short term