What Time Frame Do You Use For Day Trading

Discussion in 'Trading' started by sahheng, Feb 9, 2003.

What Time Frame Do You Use For Day Trading

1. 1 minutes chart

40 vote(s)
    71.4%
  2. 2 minutes chart

10 vote(s)
    17.9%
  3. 3 minutes chart

31 vote(s)
    55.4%
  4. 5 minutes chart

50 vote(s)
    89.3%
  5. 10 minutes chart

11 vote(s)
    19.6%
  1. Thanks and hope that your health will improve soon.
    I was thinking about setting up trading program to provide vocational scholarships. Can you ask some of your students ,who are doing something simillar, to give me some pointers ?
    Thanks,
    Walter

#31     Feb 12, 2003
  2. the wrong one! :mad:

wil i EVER pick a good time to take lunch? sheesh. this starting to get up my nose. (u know, you hang around, nothing happens; you leave, and ---) lol

#32     Feb 12, 2003
  3. Jack, thank you for sharing. It would be a much better world for newer traders, if there were more people like you. As far as the best way to share your knowledge, I would recommend writing a free e-book on trading e-minis for beginner levels. E-minis are very popular these days and an e-book on this topic would help out a lot of people. It's rather difficult for people to search out and combine your different posts, etc. It would be most efficient to find everything systemazied in one e-book.

#33     Feb 12, 2003
  4. Hi Jack,
    I am just following up to see how the four books are coming along now after 3 and 1/2 years.
    Thanks,
    Best Regards,
    CL

#34     Oct 15, 2006
  5. When did you move up to 20-30 trades per day as you currently advise ?

#35     Oct 15, 2006
  6. 1 and 5 minute. Depends on ones preference.

As far as indicators are concerned, learn how to trade volume and price action. VOLUME is THE indicator, everything else is lagging.

#36     Apr 6, 2008

7. outstanding thread!

many times people also switch off to tick, volume and split share intervals, so they won't readily be able to give an equivalent time interval for their charts

#37     Apr 7, 2008
  8. GEBAKK

GEBAKK

3 minute time frame for intraday trading and daily frame for less active (day)traders.

Open a chart and look at the 3 minute chart of NQ, ES, SPY, YM. Add MACD and watch...

3 minute rulezzz the waves.

#38     Apr 7, 2008
  9. Traber

Traber

bump...

#39     Jul 30, 2008
  10. nkhoi

nkhoi

note: old thread (02-09-03).

#40     Jul 30, 2008