What the US Government should do next:

Discussion in 'Economics' started by MiamiHurricanes, Sep 19, 2008.

1. What planet are you from?

Obama wants to dramatically increase taxes and increase the size of government. He even ADMITS it. The guy wants to increase cap gains to up to 28%. Can't think of anything worse for the economy, not to mention the fact that it will bring in less revenue. This has been discussed ad nauseum in other threads, but that is why Obama is further from my views. I am not a Mac fan either as stated, but BO is about as far from me on government size and econ as you can get.

#51     Sep 19, 2008
  2. dinoman

dinoman

I hate wack jobs that predict what would happen in a war before we went to it, predicts and explains the financial collapes way before it happened, predicts the continual losses of personal liberty then we see it full fledged.

Yep, I can't understand for the life of me why someone would vote for Paul.

Since there are no logical choices left to vote for I hope Obama wins so we can accelerate the total financial collaps of our country and start all over again.

#52     Sep 19, 2008
  3. dinoman

dinoman

You should take all the issues and voting records and compare the 2 and I bet it will be hard to find a 10% difference between the too.

#53     Sep 19, 2008
  4. Although I agree with his small gov, strong States stance, Paul practically wants to eliminate the national Gov. Example? complete elimination of the CIA.

Sorry, but that is WAY too far out there for myself and obviously 95% of all Americans. The guy got 5% for a reason.

#54     Sep 19, 2008
  5. perr

perr

Hi friends, can you all really see it coming,

the gov.com is setting thing's up so it

can declare bankruptcy.

NOW THEY CAN TAKE 90% OF ALL OUR MONEY!

over the weekend that is. Not this weekend.

stay well, and trade well.

per

#55     Sep 19, 2008
  6. dinoman

dinoman

If your a soundbite voter then I can see your point, but I actually due some homework before I make a big decision like who to vote for. I try very hard not to judge a book by its cover until I actually read it.

#56     Sep 19, 2008
  7. TGregg

TGregg

Doesn't really matter. Nobody that would actually reduce government is going to reach the Oval Office.

There are three things that win elections: Money, Power and Public Opinion. There's clearly more money to be made by growing government bigger than by shrinking it. So the vast majority of money will be pushing for bigger government. The same goes for power. Would Bernake have more power or less if the fed were reigned in? And finally, we have votes. Voters have consistently said they want more government. More handouts. More programs. Checks every year. Free dental care. The list is already far too long, yet our current two major contenders are racing eachother to see who can promise the most to the Automakers.

Once the feds started down the entitlement path, we were screwed. Maybe we should all just convert our dollars into a safe currency. Like Pesos. :D

#57     Sep 19, 2008
  8. Electronic voting is rigged. What's the point in voting?

#58     Sep 19, 2008
  9. dinoman

dinoman

Very solid point!

#59     Sep 19, 2008
  10. MKTrader

MKTrader

He knows he'd have to gradually reduce gov't, and he'd have to fight both houses. At best, he could begin the gradual downsizing process, with maybe make a few significant changes.

That works for me. We can work out the details of "how small" later. Without a true maverick like Paul, though, we won't get anywhere on downsizing the Federal gov't and giving more autonomy to the state, local and individual levels.

#60     Sep 19, 2008