What the US Government should do next:

Discussion in 'Economics' started by MiamiHurricanes, Sep 19, 2008.

1. loik

loik

Why should people be rewarded for spending more then they earn/produce, and for electing the people in Washington?

#41     Sep 19, 2008
  2. loik

loik

No, the voters made a mess and they are responsible for it. Let them settle the debt!

There`s an election in a few weeks...!

#42     Sep 19, 2008
  3. loik

loik

There`s an election in a few weeks!

#43     Sep 19, 2008
  4. loik

loik

Who will you vote for?

#44     Sep 19, 2008
  5. eagle

eagle

It isn't the right time to ask what should US government do next, rather now it's time to ask what should YOU do next. And then after November 4, you can ask what should US government do next.

I beg all Americans when voting is not to only consider what is the best for America but also what is the best for the World too. As a leading country, your President's actions will have lots of consequences on other people around the globe.

#45     Sep 19, 2008
  6. Get back on the Fucking Gold Standard!

Get rid of the dumb ass accounting rules that MARK TO MARKET, as there is no true value represented in such method for assets.

Get rid of the FED RESERVE.

And let Johny, Sally and FUKING idiot CEO go under, and let companies go bankrupt.

The law of Nature will win, you can't fight it.

#46     Sep 19, 2008
  7. I don't like either one of em. I would support Paul if he wasn't such a wack job. Of the rational guys running, I preferred Romney due to his extreme success in business and cleaning up that winter Olympic mess.

IF I vote at all (may just boycott both choices), I will probably hold my nose and vote McCain. I am actually an independent and Mac is closer to most of my economic views than BO. He is more laissez-faire about the economy, and believes in a smaller government than BO, although I am closer to Barak on social issues such as abortion, environment, etc.

This is a tough one for me. No excitement at all in this kid this time around.

#47     Sep 19, 2008
  8. Closer in what way? That he admittedly doesn't know much about it, or what he does pretend know he is totally incorrect about and has to retract?

Sorry... I couldn't help myself... ;)

McCain will thrash the economy, no matter what angle you calculate from. No to say Obama is going to rescue everything, but he does have logic, is a quick study and a solid education, which are traits that can be universally applied.

#48     Sep 19, 2008
  9. sg20

sg20

10. loik

loik

Why is a protest vote better than a vote for the Libertarian Party?

#50     Sep 19, 2008