What the rest of the world thinks...........

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Humpy, Sep 2, 2012.

1. Lucrum

Lucrum

now you're just full of shit
    AND your freedom. We never lost ours.

It has become painfully obvious you have absolutely no appreciation whatsoever for the sacrifice our country made, twice now, to bail your sorry asses out.

#81     Sep 5, 2012
  2. I think I'm giving many of the right here on ET the benefit of the doubt. They are not all extremists, you included in what I've seen so far. I cop to being a liberal with conservative fiscal tendencies. Label as you like.

#82     Sep 5, 2012
  3. loik

loik

You do realize that there are more than two candidates?

#83     Sep 5, 2012
  4. Humpy

Humpy

But none of them get much air time to explain their views. So it's a 2 horse race largely based on money. The candidate with the biggest bank roll to " encourage " ( bribe ) voters always wins.
    Not a proper democracy then you might say. What about principles etc. yeah well whatever.

To think that western civilization depends on this poor sytem is worrying. No wonder the BRIC countries are catching up so fast.

The quality of most of the Presidents in the last 50 years, also worrying.

And as for bb & redneck ............oh dear.

:)

#84     Sep 6, 2012
  5. Humpy

Humpy

If it had not been for us you lot would now be speaking French. We bailed you out first.
    You conveniently forget these details.

What about your first 200 years when the UK looked after her little chick across the sea ? Bailed you out and more I would say.

#85     Sep 6, 2012
  6. Humpy

Humpy

Well never mind we still play football ( sorry - soccer ) togethor.

Come and visit us in Europe sometime. Soak up a bit of culture.

#86     Sep 6, 2012
  7. jcl

jcl

Just a little piece of info in case you missed that in school:

Great Britain actually was not occupied in WWI and WWII. The US just has not had the opportunity yet to get anyone killed by freeing its British ally.

#87     Sep 6, 2012
  8. You know a lot of Americans especially American tourists when they think of Britain, think of it as a place of customs, pomp and pageantry, culture and dignified behavior. And then there is the stereotype of the rude,crude American. But my experiences have not bore this out.

I would really say from my experience that the average brit is much much cruder than the average American.

It's strange that you have large number of youths( I believe you call them chavs), hanging loitering around corners consistently hurling abuse at passer-bys which is by no means an isolated occurence. Perhaps this was how the Empire was forged, a certain kind of man who would have no decency, no compunctions in carrying out their task. Like what Arthur Welleley, the Duke of Wellington said," I have at my disposal the scum of the earth."

Martin Amis, the English novelist pointed out that anger was constantly lurking on the surface of British society, just waiting to boil over at every given minute.

#88     Sep 6, 2012
  9. With Lend Lease, the USA shipped Britain $31.4 billion (that's $440 billion in today's dollars) in supplies from 1941-1945.

In 1943-44, about a fourth of all British munitions came through Lend-Lease. Aircraft (in particular transport aircraft) comprised about one-fourth of the shipments to Britain, followed by food, land vehicles and ships.

The British Empire received 17,184 Sherman tanks under Lend-Lease.

Although what I would is that in practical terms what did stopped the Nazis were 20 million dead Russians.

#89     Sep 6, 2012
  10. Lucrum

Lucrum

History doesn't say that.

#90     Sep 6, 2012