What the hell is causing this extreme constant bullish move in the Dow??!

Discussion in 'Trading' started by spanish89, Jan 24, 2013.

1. kashirin

kashirin

that's not trading
    that's buy and hold

and it was not very obvious. Some people like Bill Gross foretasted 5% for the whole year. Other people forecasted flat year, some extreme optimists forecasted 15-20% for the year

but for you it was obvious of course
    That's what I call BS

now it's probably obvious for you again what will happen in the next 3 week

Would you mind to enlighten us?

#21     Jan 24, 2013
  2. Daring

Daring

Having problems buying high?

#22     Jan 24, 2013
  3. NoDoji

NoDoji

Bone's a professional. Professionals don't try to predict what will happen next. They put on trades when their systems signal trades, put their risk management in place, and let the market do whatever it's gonna do.

#23     Jan 24, 2013
  4. Wow, everyone likes to state what a book would say a ''good sensible trader'' would do and say,
    yet no-one posting has actually been livecalling inadvance what trades they have actually made themself this week!! :cool: :p

My trading style is FADING extremely over-bought or over-sold moves in the market... :)

So all the trend-chasing fools can just fuck off, as if i wanted to hear a load of dribble from a bunch of idiots id have gone to your mums' houses!! :D

Was merely asking and hoping to hear from any other faders about what they believed was causing this extreme strength to hold for so long.

#24     Jan 24, 2013
  5. bone

bone

You are just not informed about what makes up a very good day trader. Plenty of day traders will have a bias about the market and will initiate trades from the same side as that bias. My simple point which you insist on contorting is that day traders who looked for places to buy the market intraday were likely to be profitable during the timeframe you referred to in your posts. I even went so far as to say that they may have to step out and buy an offer.

#25     Jan 24, 2013

6. Isn't he 1 of those saps who claims to be some kind of market guru whos an expert at making huge monthly % returns from the markets,
    yet still isn't able to earn enough money to make a living from the market alone and so needs to sell his magic ''system'' to other people... :D :D

#26     Jan 24, 2013
  7. CT10Gov

CT10Gov

if buy and hold is beating what you are doing, perhaps you should stop doing what you are doing and buy & hold.

#27     Jan 24, 2013
  8. By the title of the thread and your first comment, it seems that you have an issue with the market going up. This makes me think that you might have a sizable short position in place making your market stance jaded. My question is, why do you think the market should be going down?

#28     Jan 24, 2013
  9. QE4 ... With taxes removing money from purchasers and economic participants. The fed has decided to inflate equity prices to put back the money that is being garnished. It will make those who are invested in the good old USA .. Wealthier at the cost of the rest of the world. Print trillions of dollars .. Buy bonds and equities.

#29     Jan 24, 2013

10. It should be going down as its rocketedup over 1,000points in 3weeks with no pullbacks,
    and based on no new positive fundamentals that should cause+keep such an extremely strong move.

If you look at the chart for the last 6years (1 of the key charts i use) there has never ever been a 1,000point up move in the dow that didn't then experience a pullback of atleast 200points down.

#30     Jan 24, 2013