what the hell happened!?!?

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by feng456, Dec 23, 2011.

1. Lol... automation has it's place, especially for the hft firms where manual isn't quite an option - similar to how an axe and chisel isn't an option for Intel when they etch their processors. I bet you've used a blackbox at some point, or do right now! :p:D At least backtest, opto, mc and resilience test systems...

#141     Jan 23, 2012
  2. YEah, but he is not a HFT Firm, is he ?No.

He is just another guy who realizes that automatic systems must fail at some time, because the HFT fuckers only scalp, and the big money is not in scalping, the big dollars are managed manually.

I hate the HFT too, that little thievs lazy ass bastards........

I never used a blackbox. I learned it from the ground up, of course with backtesting - optimzing - real time testing - what else.

But i never ever thought about doing one trade automatically, it makes me sick. Then i would be independent of such an fucking system computer programm - how bad is this, only because i would be to lazy to work out something useful.

Not my way, sorry.:p

#142     Jan 23, 2012
  3. I do the same thing, as far as discretionary on top of rules developed from tested data (am I sounding somewhat like the OP? :D)...

#143     Jan 23, 2012
  4. Are you the new Stock777? Why even post in a thread like this?

You clearly have no idea how much work and dedication it takes to build an automated system. Saying that HFT or automated traders are lazy is a very plain & open testimony of how much you know about the space.

#144     Jan 23, 2012
  5. Sorry, i am an asshole. i know. didnt mean it that way.

But who cares about all the work, if it stop working, and he does the fuck not know why ???

I at least know, why i lose money, when i lose money, simply because i didnt follow my rules at all.

But in somepoint they are truly lazy, once they found their super system, they just stop working and watch how the computer makes money, while the manuall trader, must be focused all the time 100% on the line, to not make any mistake.
    Maybe i want a automatic system too, deep in my mind.

LOL

Sorry, didnt mean to bother you guys.

Great work, keep it up.:)

#145     Jan 23, 2012