What the hell - CECO

Discussion in 'Trading' started by AnonymousTrader, Dec 3, 2003.

#11     Dec 3, 2003
  2. Big quick moves in low float stocks often produce a vicious countermoves. CECO bounced two weeks ago after a violent selloff. So the fact that a stock has a made a sharp news driven down move should not automatically discount a reversal.

However, waiting for the reversal to happen should trigger a trade, rather than entering a trade and expecting the reversal.

I personally don't care what the news is, I am only interested in the reaction.

#12     Dec 3, 2003
  3. i need more balls... caught a point and 43 cents in under a minute.. don't ask how many shares.. just don't..

#13     Dec 3, 2003
  4. i think this thing could pop a little tomorrow. long a tiny bit from close. no guts.

Dow Jones Business News
    CORRECT:Career Education: Ex-Worker Of Brooks Made Allegation
    Wednesday December 3, 7:09 pm ET

A former Career Education Corp. (NasdaqNM:CECO - News) employee accused school officials, not the company itself, with tampering with student files and other records.

#14     Dec 3, 2003

5. ka ching.

#15     Dec 4, 2003
  6. I never trade nazcrap...but damn that was some fun yesterday. Very entertaining stuff. Of course I was only trading two lots on account I had no idea what I was doing............but still had a blast. :D

#16     Dec 4, 2003

7. do I see bid 43+?

How can that be? I thought another poster said this stock was toast?!

Oh well... good trading brothers! I'm definitely keeping this stock, and it's options, on my radar screen.

I think it could be a very "educational" stock to trade!

:p :p

ICe
    :cool:

p.s. just noticed QCOM comes out with an upside announcement... this must be my lucky day, 'cause my biggest overnight position I've had all year.... is in qcom!!!! .

Drinks are on me!

#17     Dec 4, 2003

8. Maybe they need to get michael (pedophile) jackson to investigate the student files????!!!

Duh!

Interesting that that company apparently did nothing wrong (it was allegedly the school "officials") according to the "former employee" snitch (probably works for a short seller)..... yet it and it's shareholders suffered! :eek:

ICe

#18     Dec 4, 2003
  9. Toonces

Toonces

Tanking big time after the open!

#19     Dec 4, 2003

10. CAREER EDU CORP (RTM/ECN)
    Symbol: CECO
    Last Trade: 38.47 10:29AM ET
    After Hours Change: N/A
    Today's Change: 1.01 (2.56%)
    Bid: 38.44