What the heck is this ??

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by sonyericson, Feb 18, 2010.

1. joe4422

joe4422

Come on guys. You sponsor the darn forum here, don't you think you should say something?

#121     Apr 7, 2010
  2. +1

#122     Apr 7, 2010
  3. olias

olias

I would love an update as well

#123     Apr 7, 2010
  4. joe4422

joe4422

So, I guess the answer is that their system really doesn't work. Looks like they made a new website, this one tells you what tomorrow's price will be.

#124     Apr 18, 2010
  5. buylo

buylo

Sweet. Mean reversion with more lagging indicators. Had to come up with another strategy after the Event-o-trader blew up like Mentos in a coke bottle. Great business plan.......anyone over there care to post live video results again??

#125     Apr 21, 2010
  6. joe4422

joe4422

Looks like they can't afford the sponsorship over here anymore.

#126     Apr 22, 2010
  7. skf42002

skf42002

This thread pretty much looks like it's dead but I decided to post this anyway. I was in a webinar for Hindsight Trading which was previously owned by Jason Anderson and Sean Larsgard and I found something interesting on Hindsight's website relating to Jason & Sean. In describing the company and trying to distinguish the new ownership, the website says "In early 2009 the founders decided to pursue their dreams of Trading a Large CTA Fund which opened the door for the new ownership group to form creating the NEW HINDSIGHT TRADING". This is a direct quote that I copied and pasted from Hindsight's website. The point I am trying to make is that I guess Jason & Sean's dream of trading a large CTA fund did not pan out so they are hocking junk software to naive traders. (btw, the founders are Jason & Sean)

You also need to be careful when dealing with Hindsight Trading since it is run by former students of the company that Jason & Sean put together (although I have no dealings with Hindsight other then attending one webinar, so this is only based on pure speculation and a pinch of healthy skeptism). I would also question why they would've sold the company just because they wanted to manage money. They could've hired trainers and some executives to run the company (while starting their fund) which I would think would help them reach their goal of trading a large CTA fund as a result of having access to many traders who would get to see first hand how good their methodology is.

Just my 2 cents...

btw, not that this matters much, but there is no such thing as a CTA fund. CTA's manage individual accounts held in the name of the owner of the account and a CPO is a commodity pool where all funds are traded collectively. Just a minor thing I wanted to point out to highlight ignorance on the part of Hindsight which is a small red flag reflecting that they might not be as professional as they hold themselves out to be (but then again, I don't think Hindsight has held themselves out as money managers of any kind so take that for what it's worth).

#127     Jul 8, 2010