What the health

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by yabz, Aug 4, 2017.

1. yabz

yabz

For those who have not already seen it this is an amazing documentary. Its no longer on Youtube but you can get it on Netflix.

2. Pekelo

Pekelo

It is a cowspiracy... The #1 meat eaters in the world are the Australians:

"The new WHO report for babies born last year, released on Thursday, shows that an Australian male's life expectancy is among the highest in the world at 80.9, coming in third to top-ranked Swiss men (81.3) and males from Iceland (81.2)"

So meat is good for you! :)

3. speedo

speedo

Is it the meat or the hormones that mess with your endocrine system, antibiotics that compromise your immune system or the genetically modified corn products rather than natural grasses that they feed them with?

4. ElCubano

ElCubano

Its more the Dioxins the cows ingest while grazing. Vegan papa. If you watch that doc you will want to stop eating, drinking and breathing altogether...lol :(

speedo likes this.
  5. Pekelo

Pekelo

Israel is #3 in meat eating (80% more than the Chinese), yet I bet their longevity easily beats the average China man...

Now where is my burger?

6. speedo

speedo

The Japanese are number one in life expectancy and most of their protein comes from the sea. I don't think Fukushima has been factored in yet tho'.

7. Pekelo

Pekelo

I tried to look up American Mormon meat eating habits, because they have the highest longevity among Americans and smoking and drinking don't skew their results, but I couldn't find reliable data. Their guidance is to eat meat sparingly, although that doesn't mean they follow it.

Utah has one of the least McDonalds among the states:

http://rare.us/rare-life/food-and-d...onalds-restaurants-are-located-in-your-state/

8. Well, the okinawans are anyway. But the data does not look as good for the post world war 2 generation or japanese who came to the united states who eat an american diet or japanese in japan who are now on the junk food program.

9. I thought it was the Seventh Day Adventists who had the highest longevity Americans, and they are vegetarians. The mormons could be up there too because- in addition to diet- just having faith and weekly attendance at church is very highly correlated with longevity. Faith alone is highly correlated but attendance at church is a correlated with "social connection" which is another positive factor in regard to longevity. America has an epidemic of loneliness which works against us considerably along with diet. The okinawans have/had a very good diet but also tended to see their same childhood friends every day well into very old age. Whereas a lot their offspring or grandchildren go to the cities like Tokyo, eat junk food, get lonely, get heart disease, and commit suicide for all sorts of reasons- most much, much, much less severe than what the okinawans have been through.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2017
  10. Pekelo

Pekelo

I am calling BS on this one, any evidence would be nice. I can even show counter evidence:

ISIS members have faith and they go to church daily yet they keep dying in their early 20s...

Jokes aside, just by not drinking and smoking (and no coffein) and having a general moderate lifestyle guarantees long life. Not to mention it FEELS longer....

#10     Aug 18, 2017