What the fuck TS?

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by wjk, Dec 19, 2008.

1. wjk

wjk

TS cost me about 3 bills today. My question is to those experienced traders who have left TS in the past 5 years.

First: I have used E signal, TD ameritrade, Scott elite, Quotetracker, IB charts. I have come back to TS 3 times...all for the same reason. I left them twice before for the same reason. Data freezes in high volume. I do not plan on returning this time.

I returned to them because of multipage, multimonitor capabilities in charting, as I run several time frames and several pages of watchlist charts. Their level two has always been a piece of shit. None of the listed give me those. E signal comes closest, but no multi page capabilities yet. Also, they refuse to fix a bug where the hourly charts don't stop charting until 3:30pm cst (unless you start them at 8am cst...same diff). That's a pain, since I'm not interested in pre/post data when timing dailies. It fucks up indicators on the 60' for starters.

Who else has TS charting capabilities? At least enough history for 200ma to plot on everything up to monthly. For internals I need...in TS language for now... $add, $vold, $tick, $trin, and same for nasdaq. Need put call ($wpcva, or equivalant) and NY vix.

Does realtick do these? You know, TS didn't have this bullshit crap until they added extra servers. That aint supposed to be how it works, but it's been fucked up ever since. Like e sig 60' issue... they will never fix it. This game's hard enough without unreliable data.

Nothing worse than a loss, except one that was a profit first. Needed those fucking charts to set my intraday targets TS. Thanks for nothing. The sentiment I have toward TS right now was edited from my first post, but it stands. :mad:

#11     Dec 19, 2008
  2. RL8093

RL8093

From your last post, it sounds like you're familiar w/ eSig. While they have a number of good qualities, non-lagging data is not one of them. Since there is no announcement when their data decides to slow down, you'll never know unless you have a true current data feed - you'll just wonder why your fills are terrible ....

R

#12     Dec 19, 2008
  3. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

If you think TS datas are crappy then try it in the christmas week.

All day long 3-4 levels of depth with missing sizes everywhere... I am using IB free datas all day long to see how the book really is...

Guys, please tell me you are in the same nightmare and that I am not alone.:(

#13     Dec 23, 2008
  4. adr70

adr70

I do not use TS for charting or brokerage but I know a product lets you to use other datafeed .Check it out.

It obviously wouldn't help for order entry but at least you can have non lagging datafeed,I guess.

http://www.tssupport.com/services/owndata/

#14     Dec 23, 2008