What the fed actually just did!! :D

Discussion in 'Trading' started by spanish89, Mar 18, 2009.

1. 20%/week is amazing. If this is due to an improvement in your skills rather than just a temporary compatibility of your trading style with the current market you may eventually get over the hump and start increasing your capital.. and be on your way.

#41     Mar 19, 2009

2. ALoha and cheers mate.. :)

It does sound like a very good return, but its jus very hard having to make 20% per week, just to then have to withdraw it and redo it again the next week from the same starting capital. :(

Thats why im really gutted that i didnt take the risk and hold out on any of my dow longs from the low 6500s or my oil longs from the 42s.
    As i could really really have have used that extra £1,000 as capital base, or just put it into savings but to lower the risk level of trading with my current capital.
    (So then if i lose this capiatl atleast id then would have another backup with that, and wouldnt become homeless). :/

So its not due to luck, its actually desite extremely bad luck. :(
    Since the current market is totally against my prefered trading style, as i love extreme volatlity with loads of big very very fast intraday swings.
    But for the last 3months its been ridiculously low elongated trend movements that last for days straight. :(

But hopefully il manage to get a good oil sell entry tomorrow evening or on monday at around teh 51.67 or 52.26 level,
    and will be able to hold that for long enough t get 200+ profit on it. :)

#42     Mar 19, 2009
  3. Lancer

Lancer

Too late.

#43     Mar 19, 2009

4. lol

I honestly do apologise mate.
    I was merely trying to answer the guys question, and gave abit of a long answer.

I am doing another 40hour day now though (im in UK),
    and so had alot of spare time through the night.

Hopefully people will skip through my personal stuff though and this thread will continue on topic,
    as the fed still have loads more nonsense to do that we can gossip about! :cool: :p

#44     Mar 19, 2009
  5. piezoe

piezoe

If you are neither a "nerd" or a "geek" how would you know that's true? :D

#45     Mar 19, 2009

6. No they didnt. Europeans got by far the biggest chunks. Like 5x more than GS.

I do think its a pile of horse shit. They should have drilled AIG 6 feet under 5 months ago before marrying them.

I am so sick of these fucking politicians thinking they can fix everything let alone ANYTHING.

Capitalism all the way. Let this shit work itself out.

Oh and to remain on subject with the original poster :)

What they printed yesterday is not enough for inflation imo.

When we get past 5 trillion or so I would be worried. Remember, there are a TON of other countries who are already on the monetary easing bandwagon as of about a month ago.

And a ton more on the way.

If anyone wants a perfect example of what monetary easing can do look no further than turkey. They printed the hell out of money and the inflation did not hit till the recovery came. Then it was inflation like you wouldnt believe.

Same with japan.

EDIT. However what they did yesterday was enough to fuck me out of a buttload of $$$.:mad:

I was stupidly short year bond contracts before the announcement.. ROFL

Noone to blame but myself.. Oh well.

#46     Mar 19, 2009
  7. I'm enjoying this thread- re: inflation, and the FED/printing money, etc

You guys know alot more about this than I do- I'm curious:

What are your thoughts on how this behavior will effect the financial sector in the short term (and the longer term)

Is this good or bad for the financial ETFs?

#47     Mar 19, 2009

8. Aloha mate in the short term this will (did) cause loads of hope of inflation and optimism,
    then people will start thinking maybe they are puttig too much hope into the fed saving it and this money wont do much so abit of pullback n sideways for week to few weeks,
    then some more news or data number will re-trigger the inflation moves in dollar n commodities like conr n sugar

#48     Mar 20, 2009