What the F#@&

Discussion in 'Trading' started by mysharona2, Jul 24, 2008.

1. [​IMG]

#41     Jul 24, 2008
  2. Funny how you refer to a technical "level" yet you have no idea due to your "smoke and mirrors" fundamental mentality . . . as if you would know where a technical "level" was in the first place!

:D

#42     Jul 25, 2008
  3. And according to your logic, the surprisingly strong durable goods orders for June, +0.8% ( +2% excluding transportation orders ) should have rallied the market sharply.

Didn't happen.
    So much for trading off of strong economic news.
    :eek:

#43     Jul 25, 2008
  4. Take out national defense and the number doesn't look great.

Do more research before trying to prove someone wrong.

#44     Jul 25, 2008
  5. Your an idiot.
    Where is the proof?

Right here . . .

"Non-Defense capital goods excluding aircraft, viewed as a barometer of business spending jumped 1.4%"

http://biz.yahoo.com/rb/080725/usa_economy_durables.html

#45     Jul 25, 2008
  6. Please correct me if I am wrong but my understanding of technical levels are:

1. A level that with the benefit of hindsight accurately predicted the markets direction

2. A level that when applied prospectively has no greater statistical chance of predicting market direction than a randomly chosen level.

Cheers

PS If anyone really knew what was going to happen [even once] they would be rich beyond there wildest dreams.... Keep posting the comedy guys.

#46     Jul 25, 2008
  7. Lucrum

Lucrum

I'm sitting here shaking my head.

Wondering how yet another "What the F#@&", "I'm losing money being on the wrong side of the market and I don't know why" thread has morphed into yet another argument over the perception/interpretation of an economic number, the value of which, most day traders wouldn't give two shits about.

#47     Jul 25, 2008
  8. Everything you said is wrong, but I'm not going to correct you because I couldn't give two shits whether you understand this stuff or not.

#48     Jul 25, 2008
  9. Perhaps he can run into Paul Tudor Jones someday and learn a thing or two . . .

:)

#49     Jul 26, 2008