What the F#@&

Discussion in 'Trading' started by mysharona2, Jul 24, 2008.

1. I realize that no one here on ET uses "technicals", but as I pointed out yesterday afternoon on another thread in the Trading Forum, the SPX high at 1291.17 was 38.2% retracement of the move down, and the first resistance level.

I also noted in the Technical Analysis forum ( a couple of days ago ) that yesterday was a fib-89 days from the Bear Stearns low.

Using a 38.2% retracement of the recent move up from 1200.44 will target the 1257 SPX level, with a 50% retracement targeting 1245.80 SPX

There's a lot you can do with simple fib retracements.

#11     Jul 24, 2008
  2. As G_d as my witness, I almost made the same post, word for word, earlier.

#12     Jul 24, 2008
  3. This is a news driven drop. Stop tooting your own horn.

#13     Jul 24, 2008
  4. This is all Optiver Capital LLC's fault.

LMAO.

#14     Jul 24, 2008
  5. Agree.

Besides six seven up days in a row is outstanding, seven days would be too much.

#15     Jul 24, 2008
  6. soon as the 9:30est, 1 min candle was complete, you could tell that the morning move was a short. I only capitalized on that short w/ a scalp for a few mins, but those that saw what I saw could have def. held that for a while and made some big $.

This move down was not a surprise, and rather obvious if u actually look at the ES daily along with S / R.

#16     Jul 24, 2008
  7. JOEY O

JOEY O

The six day rally we just had was wayyy to good to be true. A pullback back down, especially with financial fundamentals still sucking, was obviously coming. Long SKF. I am more interested in oil's next move.

#17     Jul 24, 2008
  8. Haha, well it just seems so obvious. Someone had to say it :)

#18     Jul 24, 2008
  9. A news driven drop?
    That's funny.
    :D

But then again, I'm not surprised by your reply.
    You obviously have no idea how to trade off of technicals. In fact, contrary to what you may think, TRADERS don't really give a rat's ass about WHY, or fundamentals. It's ALL about PRICE.

But for you, it's all about conspiracy theories and "smoke and mirrors".
    Too funny!
    :D

#19     Jul 24, 2008
  10. help?!? He's back!

#20     Jul 24, 2008