What The F And Where The H Are We?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by stonedinvestor, Jun 25, 2007.

1. topdown

topdown

Great call stoney, and a great thread.

#51     Jun 27, 2007
  2. Not so fast Stoney. After the $SPX is down for 3 or more days then there is usually a bounce or a short covering rally.

This short covering rally did not get over the 50 day moving average and retraced about half of the downturn. We have 54 more points to go down from here.

I think this was a dead cat bounce driven by short covering and not actually buying. I say we go lower andwe will reach my target.

#52     Jun 27, 2007
  3. don't be so sure.. this type of psychology is what causes prices to go higher..spx could test the highs and then easily reverse.. 1540..

#53     Jun 27, 2007
  4. The day of reckoning is upon us and it wont have anything to do with psychology. It all depends on Ben Bernanke and what he will say and do at this meeting....

#54     Jun 27, 2007
  5. waiting for the big selloff to come. So many bears haere have been predicting a big selloff for the past sis months but where is it?

#55     Jun 27, 2007
  6. In my view those three days don't count they were puke. I've had QID protection and the thing has fluctuated between $47 and $48. Barely moved it took nimble timing to make anything on it during this sub prime scare. Michael this doomsday will arrive (1) When the Sept evaluation of the " surge " comes and we start to understand the troops aren't on the way home (2) When the Democrats really dig in and push for tax reform on the super rich (3) and all those mortgage re- sets at Jan somewhere in there Sept- Jan will be your doomsday. If the fed moves perfectly it can be avoided. This hedge fund problem I believe will be contained at this time. That is a wild card. Oil is a wild card. Iran too.

Topdown brother I have been afraid to contact you I got you in MBLX and it dived. I saw someone answered my thread on the name and like a pussy I ducked it. I feel like a shamster-- I'm still in it in a VERY large way if that means anything and I feel we are going to change the world I mean a little tiny part of your portfolio (smaller now) can be green can't it? ~ stoney

#56     Jun 27, 2007
  7. Your abilities at looking through my posts for calls(and somehow not seeing any) are as bad as your picks. MU(buyouy bullshit), AAPL, RIMM, MA, GOOG.

I've just wasted time addressing a clown seriously. :D

#57     Jun 27, 2007
  8. topdown

topdown

Stoney - I promise you I hold no grudges on any picks you make or "stocks you got me in to". Any purchases I make are only after doing my own DD I take full responsibility for making (or not making) the trade. In fact, I know that you back your picks with your own $ and that fact alone makes you more reputable than most (unlike many here who speak big, but I suspect truly trade with paper) .

Now as far as tomorrow and the Fed goes, I'm guessing Ben keeps the statement status quo. In fact any mention or hint of a cut would likely cause a sell-off as that would be indicative or proof of an economy in trouble. No,.... Ben will play like an ostrich, say "everything's still going fine". No matter what, I see a sell off tomorrow - not much Ben can do or say that is taken as a positive. (And I've got a lot of SDS betting on that position)

I think the Fast Money boys said it a while back - Sell the meeting / buy the minutes.

#58     Jun 27, 2007
  9. Jesus Christo AAPL, RIMM, MA, GOOG. those aren't calls those are an ETF! My word we go deep SiSi in the research none of this heard it every day before crap what's next Apple? I'm about to take a week off & before I go I want to unload a big winner on you I'll be honest nothing is popping forth at the moment although STEC may retrace tomorrow and it should be bought hopefully by Friday I will have a name- NEXS is a very strong possibility here too.... There's 2 Iphone plays IMMR & syna and LUX looks interesting here big China story, ULUR is a big medical long shot Neckter therapeutics is my #1 comeback story for the summer... all are close but I'm looking for that big
    " aha " moment which I have not had yet. Oh yea and AMAG is VERY intersting here too~ stoney

#59     Jun 27, 2007
  10. Those aren't my picks...those are stocks michaelscott chose to short. :D

#60     Jun 27, 2007