What the F*** again ??

Discussion in 'Trading' started by saschabr, Jul 31, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sure. I am also daytrading the first hour but would not have considered to go short there. But that's what a market is about...
    If everybody had the same opinion, there wouldn't be any market.

#21     Jul 31, 2003
  2. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

When someone feels the need to brag about a trade, it's generally because he didn't follow his plan, assuming he had one, and got lucky.

#22     Jul 31, 2003
  3. In case you are wondering my reason for the short the price formed sort of a "V" and I have found that when price drops below that low point it tends to drop rather quick. My stop was over the high of the same bar that formed the low so I figured the risk/reward was strongly in my favor. That crazy move up told me it was going somewhere quick and I thought it more likely to go down. That is my reason for the trade(if anyone cares).

#23     Jul 31, 2003
  4. Geez all this bitchin' kind of makes me wonder whose money I took. :eek:

#24     Jul 31, 2003
  5. LOL. I think you hit the nail on the head.

#25     Jul 31, 2003
  6. jem

jem

Baggerlord, I like seeing that P$L. More people who talk about their successful trades should so quickly post a P&L. I have no ability to tell if it is real but, I suspect it is real, so I give you a big thumbs up.

#26     Jul 31, 2003
  7. OK everybody I am calling it a day. Have a good one, and if I offended you sorry, have a nice day!

#27     Jul 31, 2003
  8. swing'in quite a line there, big fella.

:eek:

#28     Jul 31, 2003
  9. Magna

Magna Administrator

If you re-read my posts on this thread I didn't once suggest your plays today were lucky, so you must be referring to some other "Mr. 1000 post moderator". What I was alluding to is the culture at ET wherein certain members like to post their wins but somehow, conveniently, ignore their losses. For instance, you posted your wins on the Americanization of Johnny Rotten thread, but never a loss. And in the last few days you posted a big win on the Consumer Confidence drop on 7/29, and then the 10-pt win on the drop this morning. You only belatedly posted a 4 pt loss (which later got amended to 1.5 pts) after I mentioned your uncanny ability to always end up on the right side of large moves. As you said about yourself from a post in the Americanization of Johnny Rotten thread:
    And as to taking people's money....
    ....sorry, you didn't take any of mine. But please understand I'm not questioning the veracity of your trades, so posting a P&L is irrelevant. Anyone can have a good trade and post a P&L to "prove" it. All I'm talking about is people who, by their posts, seemingly never have a losing trade.

#29     Jul 31, 2003
  10. i think thats just human nature to want show the good trades and not blab about the bad trades. i don't bother posting what i did but when ihave a really good day i'm pretty upbeat and want to talk about it and when its a crap day i'm pretty silent.

#30     Jul 31, 2003
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.