What style of trading do you do?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by IronFist, Mar 25, 2008.

What style of trading do you do?

1. A

1 vote(s)
    3.4%
  2. B

9 vote(s)
    31.0%
  3. C

17 vote(s)
    58.6%
  4. I don't trade I'm just here for fun

2 vote(s)
    6.9%
  1. A. Scan for stocks the night before based on whatever criteria you look for. Have your stocks picked out before the market opens with set entry points such as "if stock ABC reaches x price I'm going to buy/short."

B. Have a few select stocks that you always watch, and watch them throughout the day, entering when you see setups that look like they will be winners. For example "I keep an eye on ABC and when x situation occurs I buy/short, regardless of what it did the day before or what the price is."

C. Something else (explain if you want).

2. 49 views and 6 votes?

I figured most people would do A.

And you guys that chose C, you should be explaining yourselves!

3. For the C's.

They trade futs, and they usually trade with a trend, or else they trade counter-trend.

4. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

"Scan for stocks the night before based on whatever criteria you look for. Have your stocks picked out before the market opens with set entry points such as "if stock ABC reaches x price I'm going to buy/short."

5 year flashback for me ...LOL

5. You did that 5 years ago? How did that work for you?

6. If it did I'm pretty sure he wouldn't have bailed on it 5 years ago.

7. Div_Arb

Div_Arb

How about ACD? I don't see a selection for that..

8. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

Not that bad in the end, but I think it was pure luck( long only beginner mode + 2003 )...This is a typical way of trading for beginners...

However, most people here don't really belong to your categories... There are quite a lot of professionals whose style of trading differ by length of trades( scalp, day, swing, long-term ), type of trading( trend-following, scalping, arbitrage, pairs, spread, fundamentals, news...) and some are trading other things( futures, options, forex...)

BYE.

9. That explains why I do it :D