What strategies do you guys use?

Discussion in 'Options' started by klurby, Jul 1, 2011.

1. JSHINV

JSHINV

I've read a couple of people's posts in this forum, praising Sinclair's books. I'm gonna get them.

#181     Jul 24, 2011
  2. Martin = filthy :p

#182     Jul 24, 2011
  3. JSHINV

JSHINV

I get it. It is a compliment.

#183     Jul 25, 2011
  4. Noooooo!!! I am not that shameless of a plugger... And yes, it's a compliment indeed, but I can only aspire to be a fraction as good as filthy. I am just a fan of his stuff, is all.

#184     Jul 25, 2011
  5. In the field of trading, strategies are needed in order to handle different deals successful. We all know that this kind of business, all things must be studied well to avoid failures. We should be business minded on every deal they we are going to enter.

#185     Jul 25, 2011
  6. sle

sle

Yes. I would say that Volatility Trading is the only book out there that takes a real, comprehensive approach to the subject. To get any deeper, you would have to read some good sell-side research and build up some experience of your own.

One thing is for sure - in this business, a spanked bottom is usually the most sensible pricing model.

#186     Jul 25, 2011
  7. That's the famous S&M model, innit? And I am not talking about Scholes and Merton or nuthin' like that :).

#187     Jul 25, 2011
  8. :D priceless:p :D

#188     Jul 25, 2011
  9. sle

sle

Well, it's more like Scholes and Meriwether model :) Except their spanking was a pretty intense one, from what I remember

#189     Jul 25, 2011
  10. Well, Meriwether seemed to enjoy it so much he just had to do it again (and again)...

#190     Jul 26, 2011