What stocks under $20/share pays highest dividends ?

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by Hombre, Feb 11, 2010.

1. I have 25K for a long term investment and would like to buy decent company stock which pays high-highest dividends. I would like to ask for help from you stock traders /screeners to post couple of stocks you feel good about.
    Thanks,

2. Why do you require the shares to be under $20?

3. you dont want the highest dividends. could be because they are in trouble. you want stable safe companies with good dividends. pfe or vz are a couple that should be fairly safe and pay good dividends.

4. hombre..

it doesn't matter if you buy 1000 shares of a stock that pays 1c dividend or 100 shares that pay 10c..

think of yield and look at any stock price..

5. MO
    BP

6. rt5909

rt5909

T (AT&T) is another more "stable" stock with a decent dividend...

BUT...to answer the OP's question (although I know nothing about stocks, and am not sure I'd recommend ANY of these companies), here are a few low priced stocks with "high" dividends (all between 7.5-10.5%) that actually trade some volume (>500,000K on avg)

BX
    SLBK
    DT
    WIN

7. spindr0

spindr0

8. ERF and PGH are Canadian trusts that pay a monthly dividend (right around 8-9% annual at the moment). ERF is right around $20 and PGH is about $10.50. Both are optionable, which is how I play them (covered calls).

9. altria group (MO)
    HCP
    integrys energy
    vodafone,
    verizon
    at&t
    pepco holdings

all above 5% yield a year (6% but minus 1% taxes)

10. More upside room was my initial thought.

#10     Feb 12, 2010