What stocks do best in inflationary environment?

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by Saltynuts, May 3, 2021.

1. blink18

blink18

There are no 'stocks that do great in inflationary environment'. Inflation is happening all the time, not just last six months. You should look at trends and ride them. In the 70s stocks went nowhere, but gold went up huge. In the last year gold made zero, however crypto made insane returns. Does this mean we have deflation when crypto goes down? No. And btw. nobody knows what will be hot next year.

#11     May 4, 2021
    trader99 and Nobert like this.
  2. Tradex

Tradex

You are quite welcome my friend, happy trading. :)

#12     May 4, 2021
    murray t turtle and Nobert like this.
  3. %%
    LOL/that's what i was thinking,, most any stocks/ETFs.........................................................................................................

#13     May 4, 2021
  4. DaveV

DaveV

Bank stocks. When inflation rises, the Fed's traditional antidote is to raise interest rates, which is good for banks. And bad for utilities and staples, so you could short those.

#14     May 4, 2021
  5. comagnum

comagnum

The better inflation stocks have soared several fold since the Fed went more insane than usual & printed to infinity last spring.

#15     May 4, 2021
  6. tonyf

tonyf

Floating rate notes. Google it.

#16     May 8, 2021
  7. WPM, FNV, SAND are my choices.
    gold streaming and royalty companies have a margin that increases very rapidly with price increases in Precious metals because they get it at a pre-agreed price for years. That price is set to make them decent money in a low inflation environment. In a gold up 50% market, their margins can easily triple.
    Also, LIF Lithium streaming.

#17     May 9, 2021
  8. As far as I know, oil stocks, gold stocks, and healthcare stocks perform well during inflation and they can be good choices to invest during that time.
    You can look for other commodity stocks also because they tend to benefit from higher inflation.

#18     May 28, 2021