What stocks do best in inflationary environment?

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by Saltynuts, May 3, 2021.

1. Given that everyone who is anyone knows inflation is coming in a big way (already here in fact, getting way worse for sure however), what kinds of stock do the best vis-a-vis others when inflation gets nice and gnarly? Consumer staples (can raise prices)? Finance companies (make more $$$ when interest rates go up to fight the inflation)? Any ones that get especially devastated and one must stay away from?

Any thoughts appreciated!

Thanks.

2. destriero

destriero

Your edge must be incredible.

Buy GME.

TrailerParkTed, DiceAreCast and jys78 like this.
  3. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

careful now. He had a 4.0 in finance 20 years ago.

DiceAreCast and destriero like this.
  4. Tradex

Tradex

This website should give you some ideas:
    https://traders-paradise.com/magazine/lessons/the-best-stocks-to-invest-during-the-inflation/

cobco likes this.
  5. kmiklas

kmiklas

Basically, anything that's not paper at this point.

murray t turtle likes this.
  6. can any one list stock symbols that can beat inflation?

Last edited: May 3, 2021

7. I sense you jelly. I'm sure your 2.8 from your local community college, then moving back in with mom, left a bad taste in your mouth. Among other bad tastes in your mouth to make ends meat lololol...

8. Tradex likes this.
  9. Overnight

Overnight

Dude, I mentioned it in another thread.

Cover your GME, and put it all into AMZN. That company is not going anywhere. And if they manage a split, and then start paying dividends after paying off their debt obligations with some of their positive cash-flow? Sheesh!

Not a bad investment.

Oh, there is also Live Cattle futures, which are bouncing around a low of ~115.x right before the summer grilling season. But pay that no mind. Stonks.

Apologetik likes this.
  10. traditionally, the yellow metal (GLD) :)

#10     May 4, 2021