What stocks are you buying and holding for long term?

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by SimpleMeLike, Mar 13, 2020.

1. Educate me in a few sentences. What happen to BA?

#51     Mar 23, 2020
  2. ninner

ninner

They shut down thei puget sound plant for a few weeks, suspended the dividend and buyback and the ceo and another executive suspended their pay for the rest of the year.. that will save them a lot of money.

#52     Mar 23, 2020
  3. Cabin111

Cabin111

Boeing could/should be nationalized...Just like the government did with GM/Chrysler in 2009 I think. They will own some of the company for awhile, then release it to the public like they did with GM/Chrysler...

Concerning banks...I would look at ZION and WFC. Both have great locations. People/money will flee to safety if things go crazy. In 2008 my wife and I walked into our local bank (which went under), closed out accounts (checking, savings, CD), took everything out of our safe deposit box and walked them over to Wells Fargo. Didn't care about the interest or safe deposit box cost. Wanted safety and security...Was willing to pay for it. An example would be (from years back), buying a extended warranty from Radio Shack or Sears...VS Home Depot or Best Buy...Who is there to back it. Just me...

#53     Mar 24, 2020
    Cuddles and SimpleMeLike like this.
  4. ninner

ninner

Calhoun said that he would seek other measures then if the govt wanted an equity stake in the company he just wants liquidity in the credit markets which there isn’t at the moment...I don’t think he is that desperate as they have a lot of cash and will find their way through it. They have a lot of alternatives. I think he is more worried about about the supply chain.

#54     Mar 24, 2020
  5. BA is excellent buy for long term. They are not going anywhere and will continue make alot of money going forward.

They was a good buy before many years, they are an excellent buy now at low price on sales.

#55     Mar 24, 2020
    ninner likes this.
  6. ninner

ninner

If you think about it as Warren Buffett would it’s an excellent buy longer buy.. even more so after listening to Calhoun interview this morning. You just need to have patience and temperament.

#56     Mar 24, 2020
    SimpleMeLike likes this.
  7. That is right.

I wish I had more money, there is many stocks I would buy right now and just simply hold. There is too many positives to fight off a negative of a virus.

#57     Mar 24, 2020
    ninner likes this.
  8. ninner

ninner

Yes this is best time to buy for long term

#58     Mar 24, 2020
    SimpleMeLike likes this.
  9. I certainly agree for sure.

So far I bought oke, ccl, mgm, and dal. If they drop, I will buy one more time and let it run.

I need to buy one more. Maybe a bank, healthcare. But TOL looks very very good to me. So those FL, and PLAY. Heck they all look good.

Play took a good beaten.

#59     Mar 24, 2020
  10. They

They

SimpleMeLike,

For a long term hold why don't you buy some BABA or Tencent?

We all know the China Gov has a longer term outlook than most American company's rotating CEOs.

If you really are looking out 20 years for your retirement I think BABA will get to $1000 a share or the equivalent with splits in that time frame, why not have a little China in your portfolio?

#60     Mar 24, 2020
    SimpleMeLike likes this.