What stocks are you buying and holding for long term?

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by SimpleMeLike, Mar 13, 2020.

1. gaussian

gaussian

After visiting my local grocery store Procter & Gamble is looking pretty good...

#31     Mar 14, 2020
  2. S2007S

S2007S

People are stacking up on items and buying anything and everything, but just because there is a run on items doesnt mean much. This is just a temporary bump up in sales. Those same people buying toilet paper, rice, beans, bleach, mops and soups wont have those items on their list for weeks and months so just because you see empty shelves now doesnt really say much over the stretch of the longer period, it will average out the same as if they were buying it all up in 3 weeks or spread out of 3 months

#32     Mar 14, 2020
    korzes likes this.
  3. S2007S

S2007S

I shorted TSLA about 2 weeks before the run to almost 1000, I kept it all the way through the run up and still short as of today...with oil prices collapsing and the big collapse in stocks I dont see tesla stock running any bit higher now. Most tesla owners are high money making earners and I'm sure they are feeling a bit pinched since the stock market collapsed over 20%, so I highly doubt they are going out to buy 6 figure electric tesla vehicles these days...still short and see it dropping below 400 and even further if stocks continue to sell off heavily.

#33     Mar 14, 2020
  4. Cabin111

Cabin111

I have a price in (Sunday night) for WELL at 33.99...Don't know if I will get it, but it looks like a good value at that price.

#34     Mar 15, 2020
    SimpleMeLike likes this.
  5. Cabin111

Cabin111

Only bright spot for the day...I picked up WELL for $33.07. About even as I write...9 am Pacific.

Later did a covered call...Jan 21 $50. I got $5.40 for the option. Kept dropping the offer twenty to thirty cents at a time, till someone bit.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2020
    #35     Mar 16, 2020
    SimpleMeLike likes this.
  6. Thank you for sharing.

I am eyeing XOM and VISA card. and I need a airline company to invest in.

#36     Mar 16, 2020
  7. Cabin111

Cabin111

Warren Buffet was buying Delta. Just wondering if things got really bad, if the US would nationalize the airlines and Boeing??

#37     Mar 16, 2020
    SimpleMeLike likes this.
  8. Yes, I like Delta.

What you think about OXY? I work near their plant in Texas, lots of people work there.

#38     Mar 16, 2020
  9. Cabin111

Cabin111

I would NOT go OXY...All your eggs is something scary. Buy an ETF of oil and gas or a mutual fund that has a basket of major players; XOM, BP, OXY. Here is one I have had for 30-40 years...Down big time PEO. Look at that one closely...Sleep well at night.

#39     Mar 16, 2020
    SimpleMeLike likes this.
  10. Thank you Cabin111 for the advice.

Let me make sure I understand your logic.

I want to invest in a oil company stock for the long term, 5-10 years.

Instead of betting on one oil company stock, take the less risk and invest in an energy ETF that holds many oil company (including my favorite XOM)?

Is my logic correct? Seems less risky with this investment as well. I like the sleep well at night approach

#40     Mar 16, 2020