What stocks are you buying and holding for long term?

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by SimpleMeLike, Mar 13, 2020.

1. Cuddles

Cuddles

electric ain't going anywhere w/30$/barrel.

for reference look @ TSLA's action today

#21     Mar 13, 2020
  2. Cabin111

Cabin111

I would put low bids on things like; ADM, DUK, REMX, CVX, XOM, WMT, BP, WFC, ZION, VZ, SLV (option...Covered call), RVT, LOW, BG. You can chew on those for awhile...

#22     Mar 13, 2020
    SimpleMeLike likes this.
  3. Long-term:
    TSLA, banks, airlines/BA, super heavy on UBER

Not for the super long-term but should bounce when oil rebounds:
    XOM, BP, OXY
    Saudi Arabia cannot take these prices.

I day trade and long-term invest. I don't really swing trade so when I long-term invest I'm not bottom fishing. I might not get the best price, but I think I'm getting a bargain for what it'll be 2 years from now when this shit is over. I feel much better buying into this than a Sanders presidency which seems off the table now thankfully.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2020
    #23     Mar 13, 2020

4. Hmmm fill my car at $2.10 a gallon, maybe $700 a year.......... or buy a $90,000 EV car...

yeah sticking with gas.

#24     Mar 13, 2020
    Real Money and SimpleMeLike like this.
  5. DIS is a long term play because by June when all the parks are open and the summer movies come out (Mulan/TMNT), all the people who had to stay away flood the parks, ABC/ESPN get back sports and ad revenue, DIS will find its way back in the previous levels.

XOM is too diversified and big a company to suffer at $38/share with Oil moving back higher by the Fall,

BA worries me with Airlines taking a hit and maybe slowing down orders but BA always has a huge backlog.

WMT is already near highs...it is a large moving slow dinosaur, not much upside even if economy slows down

Banks worry me due to low rates which will cut into earnings on loan portfolios. With such low savings rates will be harder to keep attracting money

Airlines could be good for a year rebound when travel restrictions are lifted and jet fuel costs being so low. Maybe a pool of United, American and a few of the discount boyz (LUV)

#25     Mar 13, 2020
    SimpleMeLike likes this.
  6. I'm not a fundamentals trader, but I'd be weary of BA, or any company with a lot of debt. Don't know where COVID's taking us, but a lot of corporate debt in times of high uncertainty makes me uncomfortable.

#26     Mar 13, 2020
  7. Cuddles

Cuddles

my BA, GE, airline, and cruise positions were under performers in today's rally (red), methinks the "national emergency" is going to put a dent in travel for the foreseeable future....I'm hesitant to even go long in tech until after earnings.

#27     Mar 13, 2020
  8. Thank you Cabin11 for the recommendation.

#28     Mar 13, 2020
  9. Thank you for the XOM and BA comment. I do like DIS.

#29     Mar 13, 2020
  10. Cabin111

Cabin111

One thing I see with Walmart (and McDonalds for that matter), I think within 5 years we will see the use of robot for tons of labor. I could see robots at WMT from closing time till opening restocking shelves, cleaning, etc.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2020
    #30     Mar 13, 2020